E1L problem or paranoia?

tacticalmedic87

Newly Enlightened
So, playing with my lights, trying to run down some the almost dead batts so I can replace them, when I notice my E1L is flickering a little, not turning on and off but a lite flicker. Now I know the batt is WAY low and I have never had an issue before, just wondering. I have always been under the belief that if i take care of my equipment it will take care of me. Other then that I love the lite, never let me down yet!

csshih

Flashlight Enthusiast
the E1L I had flickered when the batteries started running low. no worries, it seems normal.

tacticalmedic87

Newly Enlightened
just did, working perfectly! Knew it would, just paranoid, I take my lights into burning buildings, rappelling, car accidents, and they get abused a LOT. Just making sure, they feel like members of the family, I know that anywhere else that would sound weird. THANKS!:party:

Bullzeyebill

Flashaholic
I would guess that you will never have a flickering problem with your E1L if you know the status of your battery, particularly since you depend on your lights for serious work.

Bill

jchoo

Enlightened
I would guess that you will never have a flickering problem with your E1L if you know the status of your battery, particularly since you depend on your lights for serious work.

Bill

Actually, quite the opposite in my case - before I EDC a light or relegate it to serious standby duty in a range/bug out/medical bag, I want to know exactly how it will be have under all conditions... with that said, my KX2 based E2L also exhibits flickering when used with extremely low batteries.

I'd say it's normal.