First flashlight need help

coa878

Newly Enlightened
Hello everyone i am brand new to the site and to the flashlight scene but i have been looking around for a few days and need some recommendations, Heres what i want, SureFire, around 80 Lumens, but around 10 hr runtime, i would like a defender but as i see the 6PD-LED is the only one that fits my slection. The Z2-LED has cought my eye but is not a defender. i will take any recomendations, also i plan on buying a E2L Outdoorsman from one of my buddies for $65. but i am still looking for the "2nd" flashlight thanks for any help

Buffalohump

Enlightened
You wont get a super bright light that has a very long runtime.

What you need is a light with two levels, so you can get the brightness when you want it but still have a low level option to conserve power.

There are several Surefires that offer two levels. I'm not up on all of them so I would suggest you spend some time perusing their excellent website.

I do know the new LX2 is getting some very good reviews. Another popular choice is the E1B "Back-up".

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
$65 is a great price for an EXCELLENT light, but only has 65 lumens on high (more than enough, but not the 80 you're looking for...The newer G2D-FYL/G3D-FYL may fit your bill a little better as well, along with the LX2 mentioned earlier. Oh, and :welcome:!

Last edited:

divine

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Z2L and 6PDL do not fit your requirements. They run about 5 hours, then drop down to very very low output.

The only thing that almost meets your requirements is to get a 6PD and a Malkoff M60LL. It will give you around 80 lumens for 8 hours.

JBorneu

Enlightened
If you want one mode, rock solid, around 80 lumens in a Surefire Defender host and you're willing to pay for it and don't mind using CR123 cells, get a Surefire 6PD and a Malkoff M60LL (ask for it by e-mail on malkoffdevices.com).

However, there are a lot of cheaper options which will give you the same reliability and user-interface which are easier to use rechargeables in. Surefire has great products, but they want you to pay a lot for their lights and their cells.

coa878

Newly Enlightened
Whoa! thanks for the fast responses, i'm still sorta stuck lol..

I like the style of the Z2-LED, especially with all the options that are available.

But whats most important out of my qualifications are that its a Surefire,LED,70+ lumens, *two Stage* i would even consider drop ins

The E2L Outdoorsman I'm buying has a Malkoff drop in also :)

Thanks for the fast responses and politeness, in dealing with me because im going do months of research if it means finding exactly what i want

P.S. when i use flashlights, i find the "beam" compared to the flood more usefull, if that helps