MD3 and MD3 Wildcat?

MrGman

Flashlight Enthusiast
The "Wildcat" will be the same head, it will fit and work on the 2, 3, and 4 MD hosts. the MD designation will just refer to the host bodies. The MD3 with 2X18500 or 3 CR123 is going to be a very nice size for a 600 lumen light or for the 4 to 5 hundred lumen MC-E modules. Its going to be a very nice modular family of lights.

Dude Dudeson

Enlightened
Oh AWESOME!

I'd already been thinking of using some kind of 3x CR123 host for the Wildcat head since this type of light would be (for me) used only very intermittently - and certainly not every day either. And for the rare times I might need some more runtime I'd rather pack a few extra batteries than a bigger light.

Hadn't given it much thought yet since Wildcat heads aren't exactly commonplace, but now I don't have to give it ANY thought lol!

MrGman

Flashlight Enthusiast
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUMjQSsQnyw

This is a video showing how to put together the head of an MD-2 with the switch ring and then converting the Switching the MD-4's Wildcat head to the MD-2 and vice versa. This will also work the exact same way on the MD-3 body that's coming out. All very nice.

MrGman

Flashlight Enthusiast
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m0Y9PzSOMN8

This video shows how the G&P Strobe and the Solarforce Strobe Tailcaps go onto the Malkoff Devices MD-4 Flashlight and turn it into a 4 mode flashlight. The MD-3 that is coming out will also have a removable tailcap and will have the exact same interchangeability options.

Crater_Crater

Newly Enlightened
Awesome videos Gman. I'm really excited about the MD3 now, Malkoff is really offering an awesome lineup of lights.

kyhunter1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Im definitely in for a MD3 body and standard MD head. I asked Gene about making these a while back, glad to see them offered now. A 2 x 18500 MD3 with a MCE M60 should be the perfect form factor. Not too long like many of the 2 x 18650 lights.

Will check out Mr. G's videos later tonight.

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
MrGman,

You have to stop with these videos they are going to make me broke ;)

Good job. I didn't know the 2 modes would still work on the MD2 hosts. I think the ultimate size is the MD3 and I can't wait for it to be released.

Thanks,
bigC

MrGman

Flashlight Enthusiast
MrGman,

You have to stop with these videos they are going to make me broke ;)

Good job. I didn't know the 2 modes would still work on the MD2 hosts. I think the ultimate size is the MD3 and I can't wait for it to be released.

Thanks,
bigC

And yet aren't you scheduled to come over Wednesday night and help me make yet another one??? :crackup:

I just won't post it where you can find it so you can't see it, will that help? The MD3 will be an awesome pocket rocket Extraordinaire.

Vesper

Enlightened
I definitely want an MD3 body for my MC-E. Just waiting for the dern High/Low Bezel Switch to be back in stock. The low will be nice.

bigchelis

Flashlight Enthusiast
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x15_OsjF_0I

Video showing the new Malkoff MD3 host with Wildcat head in the hand. This light has an amazingly good feel and balance in the hand.

Bigchelis where are you when I need you? Bring pizza. :naughty:

Im looking forward to Friday to check out the MD3 Wildcat:candle:

It looks soo much more compact in your video. All I have is a bunch of AW 17500 cells and now this MD3 hosts at only $45 dollars :whistle::whistle::whistle: Looks like I will need AW 18500 cells now.:devil:

jimmy1970

Flashlight Enthusiast
I can thoroughly recommend the Hi/Low bezel switch for the MC-E. I've got a M60W MC-E in a MD2 and the low mode is extremely useful - very smooth beam. I was contemplating selling my MC-E until I got the Hi/Low bezel ring. I am also eargerly awaiting a MD3 body to get better runtimes. I will note that the MD2 does get extremely hot with the MC-E on high mode.

I definitely want an MD3 body for my MC-E. Just waiting for the dern High/Low Bezel Switch to be back in stock. The low will be nice.

dirtech

Enlightened
I will note that the MD2 does get extremely hot with the MC-E on high mode.[/QUOTE said:
Darn right it gets hot. I burned my couch the other day with it. I was holding it while this happened. Didn't seem that hot in the hand, guess it was. High low bezel is a must, IMO, with the MCE. Looking forward to the MD3 host for 2 x 18650 runtimes. Just need the high low bezel to be in stock and black head with warm M60 all at the same time for my natural HAIII to round things out. Mr. Gmans vid of the MD3's size seem perfect for a compact flood light.

Wish I could afford the wildcat.