Liteflux lf2xt malfunction

janko.l

Newly Enlightened
I bought lf2xt about a month ago. It's a perfect light but after a while sometimes it just didn't turn on. Sometimes it was working and I just put it on the table, picked it up few hours later and it was not working. And also opposite... it was working and after few hours of just lying on the table it was not. It usualy helped to unscrew and screw it again and it worked perfectly. Recently even this didn't help anymore. I played with it a lot and figured out that when I slightly tap the light with the head down it stops working and when I tap with the switch down it starts working again. Even this is not sure but usualy it's like this. Does anyone else have the same problem? Or do you know what could be the cause of this?
Sorry for my English, I hope it's understandable.
Thanks,
Janko

LED Cool

Enlightened
Hi Janko,

have you try tightening the LED pill and the switch in the tailcap?
are you using a new battery?
what type of battery?
when the light is not working, what is the battery voltage?

please let us know how it turns out.
khoo

janko.l

Newly Enlightened
Hi Janko,

have you try tightening the LED pill and the switch in the tailcap?
are you using a new battery?
what type of battery?
when the light is not working, what is the battery voltage?

please let us know how it turns out.
khoo

I'm using AW Li-Ion batteries bought on CPF marketplace, some Ultrifire Li-Ion bought on DX and regular aa alkalines. The voltage varies between 3.8 and 4.2V with Li-Ions, so I don't think it depends on that. I also tried tightening LED pill and the switch. I even completely disassembled and reassembled the light (took out even the small part with led).. and right after reassembling it always works (tried four times so far).
But now I figured out I guess more important thing.. I left it turned on and after some time couldn't turn it of, so I guess it must be the switch or maybe some contact on the way from the switch to the head..

Nake

Flashlight Enthusiast
Also try loosening the pill to see if you get better contact with the body. You might have one of the lights with a too thin lens O-ring. If that is the case contact whom ever you purchased from, they have replacments.

janko.l

Newly Enlightened
Problem solved, the pill was too tight.. after loosening it problem disappeared. And thicker o-ring to solve it permanently is on the way:twothumbs
Thank you guys