Aleph LE experts!

MarNav1

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hello all. I have an Aleph question. I have read several of the "basics" threads on compatibilty etc. I just don't know enough about them to risk a $90 LE. I recently bought an E1E modded for Aleph LE. Love this little guy, I want to make it two stage with a McE2s and a Std tailcap. It has a Wiz2/500 TWOJ LE. What resistor/battery combo do I use to accomplish this? I tried a McE2s I had laying around on this light and on low with a primary cell you get a single blink and high works normally. When used on a NexGen 300 it works fine. The paint mark for the resistor value is gone, I can ohm it out if that is needed. Can this driver even be made to work with a 2 stage cap? I would like to stick with a single primary or Li-Ion for the Wiz2/500 LE. Thanks in advance. :tinfoil:

Beamhead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Marnav1, the NexGen usually is the flicker queen with the McE2s, Never used one on the wiz2, the wiz2 may act differently with RCR vs primary.
IIRC you won't harm the wiz2 using the trail n error method of finding a suitable resistor value, perhaps a quick email to Dat2zip when he gets back from vacation can get some answers.
Good luck.