Gander Mtn. 235 Lumen Light w/RGB

DaFABRICATA

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looks pretty nice.

If its using one of the Cree MC-E's with the multi color dies, I'm going there tomorrow!

Need more info..

Search

Flashlight Enthusiast
If the tailcap is recessed like it looks then tactical already went out of the window.

I'm not sure if the button on the side controls strobe or something or if it is just a secondary way of turning the light on and off.

However, because they didn't include details, it could me a multi-mode selected via the pressing the tailcap.

It could be something else, but if the tailcap is recessed and the modes are changed via the tailcap, it's no longer a true tac light.

Just to throw that in for anyone as a heads up. We'll find out more when Defab gets a hold of one.

kz1000s1

Enlightened
I doubt it. The descriptiion says:
"LED bulbs never need replacing", meaning it has more than one LED. For that price and output it's probably an XR-E or P4 with 3 5mm colored LED's. Like a Streamlight Twin-task that's been upgraded. They also sell the Streamlight there.

Neubauej

Newly Enlightened
No tail button, just the one on the side. Pretty nice light acutally. Ui is a little funky, but it works. Cree XRE Q4, High, low, strobe, rgb, and sos. RGB is via 3 seperate led's a2 style, but only one lights at a time, and in different colors. Op reflector, so few artifacts, quite a bit brighter than my task force cree, and my coleman max cree. Seems to be a bit of a thrower, however, it does have good spill. Nice color.

I like everything about it except that stupid side button...

This light needs a tail clickie!

p1fiend

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the report Neubauej!

Any memory on the light? Does it revert back to high when you turn it off then on? And do you have to cycle thru the other modes/colors to turn it off?

Wonder if a tailcap from any other light might fit onto it?

I'm quite tempted to pick up this light.

Neubauej

Newly Enlightened
It remembers the mode. Ie main led or rgb. Main led, starts high, low, strobe. If you turn it to the rgb mode, it always starts on the blue led, then green, red, and finally sos. After the light has been in any given mode for at least 3 seconds, one click will turn it off..

I kinda doubt that another tailcap would allow this light to work correctly, but I sure do hope I am wrong!!!
:whistle:

Neubauej

Newly Enlightened
Now that I have been carrying this light for a few days, let me just say this thing NEEDS a tail clickie!!! I managed to bump it on, and not notice enough to kill the batteries in just 2 days! It tends to get pretty warm...

Other than that, I do like the light a lot... Just not as an edc. Unless you are unusually sedintary...
:whistle: