Forward Clickies

sweetlight

Newly Enlightened
My personal preference is a single AA forward clickie light. Its tough to find a good quality, single mode, 60 plus lumen forward clickie light. Target lights haven't done it for me. And the better brands just don't seem to have it. For now I've settled for the Dewalt. It meets most of my needs but it is a reverse clickie.

It seems that from what I've heard most prefer the forward clickie, so why does it seem that so many more lights are reverse? If its a money thing I'd gladly pay extra for forward.

Oddjob

Flashlight Enthusiast
How about the Quark AA Tactical. It's programmable so if you set the low (loose bezel) to 70 lumens and the high to 70 you'll effectively have a single mode, good quality forward clickie.

zipplet

Flashlight Enthusiast
You may be interested in a Quark AA tactical. Forward clicky and you can program the tight/loose levels - once this is done the light acts pretty dumb :)
Edit: Snap *doh* you got in just before me

xcel730

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've been using my Nitecore Defender Infinity (NDI) for over a year already. It is my one and only (and favorite) 1xAA flashlight. It has max, programmable, and strobe mode. You could use it as a single mode if you wish. I just programmed the NDI to the level I use most often. Every so often I'll need max brightness and all I have to do is tighten the bezel.

I haven't tried the Quark yet, but it is talked a lot in this forum and it seems like many members love it.

kramer5150

Flashaholic
fenix L1T-V2, its 2 mode but you just twist the bezel and leave it at whichever output you want... 98 for high and ~15 for low.

CaNo

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Quark AA Tactical is your best all around bet. Reputable seller, quality product, programmable to your needs, beautiful beam, great throw, 14500 compatible... I can keep going if you'd like? :whistle:

CaNo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Also, If you change your mind on the size of body, type of battery, or need more runtime, you can always purchase an additional body type as an accessory,for an average of $20, and be able to use 1xAA, 2xAA, 1*123, 14500, etc. Btw, the Quark AA with 14500 has a very impressive runtime, not to mention brightness for a AA light. This one is a winner.