nitecore d10 R2 ( R3 ) ??

Anthonytad1985

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

I have been looking at this forum for a little time now. It has helped me pick out the nitecore d10 r2. I really like the light allot. I am wondering about one thing though and forgive me for not knowing the right names in which the parts are called. On my light if you take the processor / led housing off and look at the board, it has a R3 on it. Would this mean it is a r3 not r2. I am new to all of this light talk so forgive me.

Thank you for your time

Th232

Flashlight Enthusiast
Welcome to CPF!

The R2 in the Nitecore is referring to the LED's binning, or how bright it is. At the moment, the maximum bin for the LED is the R2. The R3 on the board most likely refers to the circuit board, maybe something like "Revision 3".

Prat

Newly Enlightened
:welcome:

I'm pretty new myself and it takes time to get used to the flashlight lingo. I don't know all of it yet, but it grows on you, and people here are pretty helpful. :thumbsup:

I'm looking at getting a D10 too (or EX10), nice EDC light! The R2 bin is preferred over the Q5 from what I can tell. Search around on here for more info. and you'll find all you need to make a good choice. :thumbsup:

corvettesR1

Enlightened
Once my new Quark light arrives next week, the very next light I will purchase is a Nitecore D10 . I seriously thank CPF and all the posters for providing this noob with great torch info

tsask

Flashlight Enthusiast
Once my new Quark light arrives next week, the very next light I will purchase is a Nitecore D10 . I seriously thank CPF and all the posters for providing this noob with great torch info

You are off to a good start!

I pre ordered a titamium Quark CR123, already owning a neutral version in AA and CR123:twothumbs. I am starting to wish I orderd the AA titanium because I already have a Quark neutral AA & 2 AA tube:sigh: so I'd have 4 possibilities.
I love my Nitecore PD 20 Q5 and will be getting an R2 D10 (with trintium locator) someday. I think I'll get the same power using a 14500 cell.

Anthonytad1985

Newly Enlightened
Thank all of you for your help. I am extremely happy with this light, and all of its features. I have this light on me all the time, and i am never disappointed the performance. Again i thank all of you for your dedication to the forum, for i would have had no idea what light to have purchased without reading through all of your reviews and post.

Thank you all at CPF and keep the good work!