Guess where this come from...

koala

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok.. I won't give any hints except that this thing come from a LED flashlight /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif. The image itself is pretty obvious already I think it's an easy guess. Sorry, no prizes :p. I'll let you know the answer after I finish 'doing' this guy up..

1.jpg

2.jpg

Have fun guys
Vince.

Tomas

Banned
First time I've ever seen an LED wearing a condom ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

tomsig02.gif
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wait a minute... That "condom" tab looks like an LS with one attached pos/neg lead tab...
Hmm...

It really is starting to look like a fried Luxeon...

Did somebody put NiMHs or lithiums where they weren't supposed to...
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

koala

Flashlight Enthusiast
OK OK...
First of all, the 'condom' is there to 'protect' the LED(not luxeon) from heat! Yeah not interesting /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif. It's not burned at all, it's the white heatshrink overheated by my flame thrower /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/buttrock.gif. I had to heat up the epoxy to remove it. You guys are getting close! Sorry to tell that it isn't an ARC AAA. However it's the below..

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

Wow look! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif the famous Zetex circuit in the Infinity Ultra! Oh well, maybe not so news to some of you, appeared before in the japanese Flashlight-Fan before CMG decided to cover fill their heads with epoxy. I had to heat it up and scrap off all epoxy. One naked light! I swear it's still working! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

To my surprise, the LED is driven at 66ma at 3.4volts. Which is way out of spec. Hmmm how long will the LED survive? I don't really think it's 100,000hours claimed on the packaging.

cheers
Vince.

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
However it's the below..

The below...?
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

koala

Flashlight Enthusiast
Choua - be patient, I am still editing /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

FalconFX

Flashlight Enthusiast
I could've swore that thing looked like it was toast...

Good thing it's still runnin...
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

koala

Flashlight Enthusiast
If one is quick enough, the Zetex circuit above can be modified in no time and drive a Luxeon. IMHO It's the best/perfect host for a luxeon mod. It looks as if it's made to host a luxeon! It's a pity that it's covered in epoxy that took me 1 hour to get rid of it!

Vince.

frogmonk

Newly Enlightened
I've been wondering how to take this circuit board apart for a while now, but did not have the 'guts' (get it?) to go as far as you did.
Questions:
1. How much heat did you apply to detatch the board assembly?
2. Did you have to do any filing at the head to remove aluminum at the base of the scew threads?

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
hey Nukiez.
If you ARE succesful on changing the light to LS, do the same to mine, please? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif