Is there a 1AAA flashlight brighter than ITP/Maratac

dandism

Enlightened
So I really like my ITP single mode AAA light, but like many of you, I want more lumens :devil:. I also have an Akoray K-103, but it is not as bright as the ITP (have yet to try 10440 though). What AAA lights can outshine the ITP/Maratac?

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm pretty sure I've seen a AAA light with an R2 emitter, forget where though. I doubt it is astoundingly brighter though. You may have to move to a cr123 light if you want something that is ever more of a pocket rocket.

slate

Newly Enlightened
For now there is not much brighter without going to a 10440 battery. That will really brighten things up. I am sure with newer LEDs, we will see brighter lights but there is only so much you can do with a AAA for now....

dandism

Enlightened
I don't mind using a 10440, as long as the light is designed to use it... I don't want to burn any LEDs :eek:oo:

LED Cool

Enlightened
I don't mind using a 10440, as long as the light is designed to use it... I don't want to burn any LEDs :eek:oo:

the one and only fully programmable LF2XT (Q4 4C neutral/warm tint) or the limited edition LF2XT R2 WH !

both has unique built-in 10440 over discharge protection and a battery voltage meter.

khoo

MKLight

Enlightened
You should check out the Peak Eiger...single mode, twisty (option with momentary switch, comes in several powers, accepts a variety of battery chemistries, comes in a variety of metals, semi custom at a reasonable price.

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
So I really like my ITP single mode AAA light, but like many of you, I want more lumens :devil:. I also have an Akoray K-103, but it is not as bright as the ITP (have yet to try 10440 though). What AAA lights can outshine the ITP/Maratac?

Have you tried LD01 with 10440?

Last edited:

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
LD01 is not designed to officially take in 10440, but could be used for short burst. The usual caution has to apply where Li-ion is involved. OP did ask for something brighter, but he didn't say for how long. :D

Last edited:

dandism

Enlightened
I just tried the ITP with a 10440 for about 5 seconds just to satisfy my curiosity... :eek: it was so bright! With just those 5 seconds, the light was already warm :ironic:

Volny

Newly Enlightened
I have used ld01 with 10440 for a long time, works perfect.

Now I am using ITP a3 eos with 10440 and it also works fine, it is in my belt at all time :)

Though I wouldnt use it in high mode for long, because of the heat.

MWClint

Enlightened
Does the ld01 get hot with the 10440 too? which is brighter?

..for the ld01, itp, peak eiger on 10440....
at that point brightness depends on the bin specs of the led, as they all appear to be
running direct drive once you pop in a 10440. you have to watch the heat
on all 3 with li-ion. to choose, pick the one that you like the beam/tint properties the best.