Surefire E2e Outdoorsman

alberto

Enlightened
What's the difference between the new E2e "Outdoorsman" and the previous E2e Executive? It may have been around for a while but I just noticed it on Surefire's web site.

A quick comparison on their web site didn't reveal any obvious differences -- and the price is the same as the E2e Executive HA.

Maybe it's this new feature: "...Type III hard-anodized process that is corrosion-proof and so hard that the knurled portion of the E2e Outdoorsman's handle can be used to saw through lesser aluminum flashlights".

Wow! Just what I've always wanted: To be able to saw through some of my old POS lights. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Maybe they'll come out with a E1e "Indoorsman." /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Quickbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
Longer clip, comes with low output lamp assembly (mn02) instead of the normal one (mn03). The anodize finish is the same as the E2e.

brightnorm

Flashaholic
[ QUOTE ]
alberto said:
What's the difference between the new E2e "Outdoorsman" and the previous E2e Executive? It may have been around for a while but I just noticed it on Surefire's web site.

A quick comparison on their web site didn't reveal any obvious differences -- and the price is the same as the E2e Executive HA.

Maybe it's this new feature: "...Type III hard-anodized process that is corrosion-proof and so hard that the knurled portion of the E2e Outdoorsman's handle can be used to saw through lesser aluminum flashlights".

Wow! Just what I've always wanted: To be able to saw through some of my old POS lights. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Maybe they'll come out with a E1e "Indoorsman." /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a really the same light, the only difference being the name on the body: Outdoorsman and an M2 (longer) clip instead of the standard E2E shorty.

It comes with the LOLA MN02 instead of the 60W MN03, and its (dimmer) burn is extended to abou 2.25hrs.

If you already have an E2E (not E2) you can create an instant Outdoorsman on the cheap by getting an M2 clip from Surefire and putting in an MN02.

My personal preference would be to have the M2 clip standard on the E2E, but that won't happen because this type of marketing increases sales revenue.

As usual, money talks.

Brightnorm