Ganp + Mac + Nailbender =

donn_

Flashaholic
A Griffin on steroids!

IMGP2976.jpg

From the front; a custom head by Ganp. I sent him a Lumens Factory D36 drop-in and asked for a Griffin-like head big enough to hold it. It's the size of an M3 head, but fits on a C-Series body. The crenelated bezel ring mates perfectly with the head, and is nearly invisible.

Inside this gorgeous head is a Nailbender-built D36 drop-in with an SST-50 4000K warm emitter with a 3-level driver. Output has been measured at 531 out-the-front lumens, and the beam is toasty warm. The focus from the reflector is perfect, and at 12' on the white wall, I have a 3' diameter hotspot with amazing brightness.
IMGP2977.jpg

Next comes one of Mac's custom 6P bodies with integrated 4-lobe grip-ring. It's bored to hold a single 18650.

Bringing up the rear is a one-off C-Series tailcap by Ganp, with McClicky guts and a recessed boot, so it'll tailstand nicely.

IMGP2978.jpg

All in all, I'm very pleased. It's destined to be sent to Modamag's Exotic Coating Service to have the bare aluminum polished and given some sort of coating.

What do you think? 24K Gold?:devil:

darkzero

Flashaholic* ,
What do you think? 24K Gold?:devil:

Don't do it! I think it might make it look cheap although I know Modamag's coatings with be high quality. That like looks more like a rugged heavy duty light that can take a beating rather than an exotic. I also vote for a tough coating!

warx23

Enlightened
Donn, That has to be one of your best builds imho. If it were mine I would keep it bare. :D

email sent. :wave:

olrac

Flashlight Enthusiast
Definately HA for a brute like that, muy macho! Maybe Modamag"s Gray polished HA. Whatever the coating it's a great Light!:thumbsup: