G2L stopped working!

SFG2Lman

Enlightened
so after the DFW get together, my SF G2L has gone the way of the dodo, I transferred the batteries and the M60 to another host and they worked great! I placed them back in the G2 and nothing except darkness. My G2 is in rough shape (read: beat to oblivion) and it was very damp that evening, if moisture somehow got inside could it have corroded that inner sleeve and prevented contact? please advise!

bullfrog

Flashlight Enthusiast
Have you cleaned the contacts on your G2L?

Do you own another light that you can test your P60L in?

SFG2Lman

Enlightened
i have wiped down the contacts and my malkoff works great in any host with these same batts, my meter says i'm getting power up top so its not a tailcap problem, it worked before, i can't imagine needing a spring now....weird

edit:i tried adding a spring to no avail

Last edited:

zven

Enlightened
So am I understanding correctly that your M60 works fine in any host (including the G2L body in question) with any batteries, and that the P60L module doesn't work in any host at all (the G2L and others) regardless of batteries? If so, it sounds like something happened to the P60L. Perhaps a bit of moisture got into it and shorted the electronics. If you've ruled out the batteries and host as possibly being the problem, then I would give SureFire a call, and see what they advise. I would guess it's something they'll repair/replace under warranty - certainly couldn't hurt to give it a try.

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Check the metal sleeve...it may have gotten pushed too far back, and can't make contact. If that's it, just push it foward from the back???

SFG2Lman

Enlightened
i don't have any P60L's just the M60, and it works great in any other host, with any set of batteries including the ones in my G2L now, the sleeve is all the way forward, and it worked saturday...i have no idea, i would think it would be a simple matter of the M60 not touching the sleeve, but as far as i can tell it is...i'm so confused by this...i have never seen a machine this simple not work, no other P60 style drop-in works either...

can anyone take a pic of the inside of their G2 with the head removed? Maybe i am missing a washer or part of the metal tube or something? if i can see what its sposed to look like that may help and thanks to everyone so far for their help!

angelofwar

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok, didn't realize you were using an M60...I have the same problem with mine...it'll work fine in my C2/C3-HA's, but none of my black metal lights...something with the body/ano? I had to shave mine down with some sand paper to get it to work...or, you can get some copper wire, and wrap it around the lip of the M60 (only about 2 strands thick). i'll try to get somne pic's for ya later tonight to show ya what I mean.

Bright_Light

Newly Enlightened
Hey,

I'm a G2/M60 guy myself, so this confuses me as well....

Here's a picture of the inside of the G2 body for what it's worth.

Picture008-1.jpg

And is there a gap between the M60 and the G2 body so you are certain the M60 is making contact with the metal sleve inside? But I guess if the sleve has slid back, the gap wouldn't make much of a difference since the M60 would be touching plastic anyways.

Picture009-1.jpg

Let us know how this turns out.

EDIT: Also try wraping the M60 around with a few layers of aluminum foil to ensure you are making contact.

Last edited:

SFG2Lman

Enlightened
FIXED!!!! i guess the contacts were somehow corroded (tube or malkoff device we'll never know) i had wiped them with steel wool before to no avail, but i guess i wasn't agressive enough...this time i jammed the M60 in there and put it against my palm applying as much pressure as a dared and then twisted the flashlight body, after a few twists i checked inside and saw metal filings from the M60 so i knew the was metal to metal contact, i put the batteries back in and voila instaflashed my retinas...its good to be back in business and thanks much to everyone who has replied!!!!lovecpflovecpflovecpflovecpf