Got Mail-Malkoff M60W and SolarForce L2

Jason_Tx

Newly Enlightened
Today I received in the mail

1 X Malkoff M60w

And a package from Lighthound

1X SolarForce L2 Host with some extensions

The M60W was a little loose and wouldn't make good contact, but thx to the wonderful world of CPF I learned that I needed to wrap the drop in with some aluminum foil. It snugged it up and is working fine.
I have an 18650 in the L2 Host and it seems that its a tiny bit loose. It doesn't rattle when just picking the light up, but when I give it a shake I can hear movement in there. Is there a good way to snug this up? I was thinking of stretching out the tailcap spring a little with a pair of pliers or should I wrap the 18650 with something to snug it up?

I also bought a G&P A.I. Tailcap Switch with STROBE Function
It seems defective as it will only do momentary strobe. It will not stay on when you let off the button. It is supposed to "click once = on press and hold for strobe" I have no idea if how to fix it so I'll just return it and buy some other stuff from LightHound. Oh yes, as far as LightHound goes - man does that guy ship and return emails fast.

Marduke

Flashaholic
I also bought a G&P A.I. Tailcap Switch with STROBE Function
It seems defective as it will only do momentary strobe. It will not stay on when you let off the button. It is supposed to "click once = on press and hold for strobe" I have no idea if how to fix it so I'll just return it and buy some other stuff from LightHound.

The strobe cap is functioning EXACTLY as you describe it is supposed to. Hence, not defective.

Jason_Tx

Newly Enlightened
Marduke - thank you for your response. I'm not sure how I am misunderstanding that bad. Here is the description from Lighthound's site.
I put the key phrase in red.

Description
G&P tailcap with switch for SureFire and compatible flashlights. This unit replaces the original tailcap and adds the STROBE function.

Click once for on, then press for strobe, release for off. You can also push and hold for strobe, then release for off.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I can click once for on -- then press for strobe. I don't see how that is saying click once for strobe then press for strobe. That just makes no sense.
Even if you can click for strobe or press for strobe, there is no click and stay on. There is a "click" sound but it is only functioning as a momentary strobe and will not stay on.

SFG2Lman

Enlightened
I have an 18650 in the L2 Host and it seems that its a tiny bit loose. It doesn't rattle when just picking the light up, but when I give it a shake I can hear movement in there. Is there a good way to snug this up? I was thinking of stretching out the tailcap spring a little with a pair of pliers or should I wrap the 18650 with something to snug it up?

i would try a ring of electrical tape around the top and the bottom of your battery, stretching the spring won't really help much and you run the risk of snapping it, this way you can add a layer at a time until proper snugness is achieved :grin2:

Marduke

Flashaholic
Marduke - thank you for your response. I'm not sure how I am misunderstanding that bad. Here is the description from Lighthound's site.
I put the key phrase in red.

Description
G&P tailcap with switch for SureFire and compatible flashlights. This unit replaces the original tailcap and adds the STROBE function.

Click once for on, then press for strobe, release for off. You can also push and hold for strobe, then release for off.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I can click once for on -- then press for strobe. I don't see how that is saying click once for strobe then press for strobe. That just makes no sense.
Even if you can click for strobe or press for strobe, there is no click and stay on. There is a "click" sound but it is only functioning as a momentary strobe and will not stay on.

It is advertised to only be momentary strobe. You click for constant on, then press for momentary strobe. That's how it's meant to work, and that's how you describe it works.

It doesn't say "click once for strobe then press for strobe", it says "Click once for on, then press for strobe"

Jason_Tx

Newly Enlightened
SFGL2Man - thx man, I'll try that

Marduke -
I'm not arguing with you - I'm just saying that from what I read it is not advertised as "Strobe Only"

It says "replaces original talicap and adds strobe function"
To me that is saying the same thing as if I replace the oil pan on my truck with one that adds a 2 qt capacity, it doesn't remove the original 8 qt capacity. It just seems to be worded wrong if its intent is to be
"momentary strobe only"

It may well function properly and was made this way. Its just not functioning as "advertised" IMO

Jason_Tx

Newly Enlightened
Marduke

It only works as momentary strobe --
Its abit odd
You press button and there is a slight click, at which point it begins to stobe. Release and its off. It doesn't click and stay on.