PLEASE HELP A NEWBIE!

bullrydr85

Newly Enlightened
:wave:Looking to get my first JetBeam, the M1X for patrol. Reviews say it is good for the money. I am thinking about order'n through longhorntactical.com as they are the "authorized distributor" and the only people that seem to have many in stock. (I hate order'n online from sites that say there are 1 or 2 in stock and then I end up on the backorder list) I need the light as soon as I can get it since I started night patrols. Here is the question: Does anyone have any experiance with longhorntactical? How is the customer service? Are they reliable? Any info will be greatly appreciated. :thinking:

Last edited:

Zeruel

Flashlight Enthusiast
Never had. I ordered all my Jetbeams from Flavio, Bug Out Gear. I think most of us do, if I'm not wrong. Delivery's fast. You could pm him for more details.
Or you could check out from the list of CPF dealers here. Coupons available too. Bug Out Gear is #6.

Last edited:

JeffInChi

Enlightened
I've never heard of them either.

+1 for BugoutGear. They ship fast and they have excellent customer service.

bullrydr85

Newly Enlightened
Thanks all for the help, perhaps I will try one of the others. Bug Out Gear seems to pop up where ever I ask so there must be a reason! Thanks for help'n me as I am new to the flashlight addiction!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The M1X will be my first non-Maglight flashlight. :twothumbs

berry580

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks all for the help, perhaps I will try one of the others. Bug Out Gear seems to pop up where ever I ask so there must be a reason! Thanks for help'n me as I am new to the flashlight addiction!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The M1X will be my first non-Maglight flashlight. :twothumbs
Wow... that'll be like a quantum leap for you. Well unless you mod your mags.
:welcome:

bullrydr85

Newly Enlightened
Haha, Berry580 did not know about any mods and in doing a general google search "high output flashlights" I stumbled onto this forum and the M1X.
:oops:lovecpf

Vesper

Enlightened
(I hate order'n online from sites that say there are 1 or 2 in stock and then I end up on the backorder list)

I agree. It's a problem I've encountered ordering lights from some of the mentioned sites. Don't sell it if you don't have it...:scowl:

BennyLava

Newly Enlightened
Yeah backorder can be pretty annoying. I once waited 4 months for an item. Usually though, they will tell you at the time of the sale so you can cancel the order if you want.

bullrydr85

Newly Enlightened
I went with a company I found called cfrlights.com because I liked the way a fellow named Dan over there treated me as I will become a loyal customer to anyone that offers good customer service. That is for some reason getting to be a hard quality to come by! Whats up with that? Without our money they got nothing so why isn't everyone helpful? Oh well, I will let you know how I like it and when it arrives. Thanks to you all here because I would have never discovered JetBeam or any other of the great lights that are reviewed here.

P.S. I was telling him about the forum that led to my wanting the M1X (this one) and he knew all about you guys and gave me a 5% discount!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How cool is that????????? So if you guys didn't know that this company is doing that, now you do!
:twothumbs

Last edited:

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
:welcome:

nice purchase, post back with a thread on how you use your light on the job, i love reading about LEO experiences using their lights.