XPG R5 in streamlight propolymer 4aa

protein_man

Newly Enlightened
This is one of my all time favourite lights, its not the brightest of most attractive light but its an awesome work/camping light that keeps on going, there is no breaking this thing! It feels great in the hand and has a great feeling forward clicky at the back of it.

Being one of my favourites I decided to give it a new lease on life. I had previously modded this light once before to a seoul P4 based on the guide done by Grylolc link so the hard part of opening it up was already done.

I had a r5 xpg on hand on a 10mm board, I had to raise the led up to get the right focus so I made an aluminium spacer and lapped/filed it perfectly flat so maximise heat transfer.I used heat paste between surfaces too. It doesn't look pretty on the inside but works great, enjoy the photos, here on flickr - sorry about the terrible photography.

jar3ds

Flashlight Enthusiast
sweeeeet.... excellent host for the XP-G due to the deep reflector...

need beam shots!!

protein_man

Newly Enlightened
The beam profile didn't really change too much at all, but it heaps brighter!!! I really like the tint on all my new r5 so far, a nice clean white, not a hint of blue at all! Took it out for a spin last night, heaps of throw and spill will 4 hours runtime, good stuff!