Dereelight DBS V3 w/ 3SM Cree MC-E-M (OP) issues

-Erik-

Newly Enlightened
Hello all--

Let me first start off by saying I apologize in advance if this is being posted in the wrong section of the forum.

However if this is the right place I have an issue that I need to work out with my Dereelight. A little back story... When I received the light and put in one fresh battery, the light would not turn on. Knowing that a brand new flashlight could not be defective I made sure everything was tightened good per the instruction guide that came with the light and the light came on. I have had the light for a good two weeks now and have used it periodically without issue.

However today I went to turn it on and the light flickered a few times and then went dead. I figured that the battery's (I am using the extender tube to accommodate 2 battery's) were dead. I replaced the battery's and no luck with the light turning on.

The light will still not turn on no matter the battery combination. I have tried using one battery and two battery's.

I am using Ultrafire 3.7v 2600 MaH battery's if that means anything.

Dole

Newly Enlightened
Well I know that with the MC-E pill you cannot use one 18650 battery. You have to use either 2X AW RCR123's or 2X 18650's using the extension tube.

Other than that, I do not know why it won't work using 2X 18650's

FlashCrazy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Erik,

Fully charge your 18650's, and then try it again... make sure the tailcap is really tight. If you have a volt meter, check the voltage of each battery (should be 4.1 to 4.2 volts after charging). If it still gives you trouble, email me at [email protected] , I'll get you squared away. :)

As Dole said, you have to use two batteries.

Disco-Dave

Newly Enlightened
I already had the dbs v3 and orderd the cree mce pill with op relfector & extension tube from dereelight i had 2 charged batterys put them in and got nothing

took the light apart cleaned all connections and put it back together pretty tight and it worked fine had it just under a week now but i use it every night on site as im a security gaurd and had no problems

jblackwood

Enlightened
Try unscrewing the retaining ring inside the tailcap. If that's the issue, you could try putting a thin washer in there to make sure that end of the tube makes contact. Kind of a hassle, I know, but that was the issue with mine. I've always wondered if it affected the water resistance?

FlashCrazy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Try unscrewing the retaining ring inside the tailcap. If that's the issue, you could try putting a thin washer in there to make sure that end of the tube makes contact. Kind of a hassle, I know, but that was the issue with mine. I've always wondered if it affected the water resistance?

Won't affect the water resistance... the switch boot is held in place by a separate threaded ring. :)

Erik: Your light is fixed and is headed back to you. I replaced the pill with a new one... tested a few and picked out one that I thought had a really nice tint. You should have it in 2-3 days. :D

Last edited:

jblackwood

Enlightened
Won't affect the water resistance... the switch boot is held in place by a separate threaded ring. :)

Redundancy at it's finest. I wish I'd remembered that before asking but at least this way, others are made aware of this design superiority (I wish Quarks had this).

droeun

Newly Enlightened
The service provided by FlashCrazy never ceases to amaze me!

I 2nd that. He accidentally shipped me the wrong pill but shipped the correct one this week, along with a new reflector :D. Customer service & response time is great - if you need anything Dereelight, buy it from him (looks like he's added other stuff too). Not to mention he's in the U.S, so you don't have to deal with buying stuff overseas :rock:

Last edited:

stallion2

Enlightened
I 2nd that. He accidentally shipped me the wrong pill but shipped the correct one this week, along with a new reflector :D. Customer service & response time is great - if you need anything Dereelight, buy it from him (looks like he's added other stuff too). Not to mention he's in the U.S, so you don't have to deal with buying stuff overseas :rock:

2nd that

imgadgetman

Newly Enlightened
And service/shipping is very fast(I have placed 4 orders from him).
Thanks Jay.
imgadgetman