Lost LF3XT, Crappy Clip

WIshooter

Newly Enlightened
Well I was out on the back 40 with the chainsaw yesterday and got back to the house only to discover that my LF3XT is somewhere back in the woods probably waiting to be discovered by some artifact hunter 200 years from now. Love the light, but they are using a VERY poor spring steel (if it is spring steel at all? :rolleyes:) for the pocket clip. It opened up for me over the first few days of it being my EDC. So it was my fault, I guess. I was just letting it kind of hang by the clip in my front pant pocket. Dang it.

Any body know of a sale on LF3XT's at the moment. Does the PD20 have a better clip?

ninjaboigt

Enlightened
sorry to hear about that.

the clip does look weak..i heard the pd30+ has a good clip. i donno about the pd20...

Have u thought about a quarks? ( 4seven's quark) they all have clips on them. i edc the 2AA one and i love the clip...any thing more secure than this clip, you might as well get a holster.

( the clip is removeable on the quark and it comes with a holster)

WIshooter

Newly Enlightened
A holster is a very good idea, but I'm not always wearing a belt. If I use a belt/holster, I have been using one of my 18650 lights like the L-mini II or M20. IDK....maybe no clip on the EDC and just let it slide down in the pocket would be best(?). I slipped my naked L-mini II in my pocket yesterday and actually think I could get by nicely for most occassions using IT as my EDC. Also, I will replace the LF3XT with a light that uses a single RCR123A cell since I already have a small pile to work with.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Sorry for your bad luck. I'd probably have to try to retrace my steps and look for it. I was thinking the other day that the clip could stand to be longer, too.

Geoff

WIshooter

Newly Enlightened
I did do a half-hearted search for it - another part of the problem is that I was also doing front end loader and brush hog work within the area I was clearing. Not a good prognosis.