making 5mode flashlight a 1 mode

sparkysko

Enlightened
Since it has a boost converter (likely), you should just be able to tap into that or tap into after the current regulator.

Electrically it's probably like this.

battery -> boost circuit -> current regulatorr -> PWM controller/IC (for the 5 modes) -> LED

just bypass the controller.

I'm going to be receiving a 5 mode driver from a gracious donation, and am going to bypass the 5 modes as well.

jankj

Enlightened
You would have to replace the electronics. Depending on the exact construction, this ranges from doable (skills required!) to next to impossible. Some lights you can take apart with your fingers and pliers, so then you'd only have to clip some wires and solder the connections for the new electronic part (called "driver", which hopefully you'd be able to squeeze into the same place as the old one). Other lights are next to impossible to take apart without breaking anything.

Kilovolt

Flashlight Enthusiast
.... and the memory doesn't alway work correctly.

Remember that in many lights in order to activate the memory the light must be kept off for some seconds, i.e. if you switch it back on immediately the last level is not remembered. :rolleyes:

BTW: :welcome:

thomdc03

Newly Enlightened
Remember that in many lights in order to activate the memory the light must be kept off for some seconds, i.e. if you switch it back on immediately the last level is not remembered. :rolleyes:

BTW: :welcome:

actually I think the problem was, the voltage on the batteries was dipping to low. i have some cheap 123 rechargables that I have not been pleased with.

I'm going to make a 4x AA back to run this off of. I still would like to figure out how to make it a simple 1 mode light. The light comes all the way apart very easily ,so access to the electronics is not an issue.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
You can either buy a single mode driver and swap that in, or see how the driver is wired an buypass the controller.

Also, make sure to buy good lithium batteries. Cheap ones have a higher change of venting.