e2l, e1l, e2dl,-delay between modes???

dcycleman

Enlightened
Hey, does any body elses 2 stage surefire clicky need to have a slight delay between switching high/low??? I sent my e2l out to have the optic adjusted because of a really bad half moon shadow around the hotspot. They replaced the whole bezel- the beam is now perfect, but now if I try to switch modes too quickly it stays on the same mode. if I tap the switch with less than half a second it will stay on either mode it was on. I dont believe that the old bezel was like this. Did surefire recently change the timing or something??? thanks for any info

xpawel18x

Newly Enlightened
Umm...yes, the manual says about 2 seconds of pause between high/low on the e2dl, e1b, or the like.

It could be anywhere from 1-3 seconds though depending on the light. Just have to find the right timing for your light.

dcycleman

Enlightened
well, if its normal i guess I have no cause for complaint though I gotta say I liked the timing on the other bezel more, I probly just have to get used to it, I keep double tapping low, annoying.

asdalton

Flashlight Enthusiast
All of my 2-level E-series Surefire lights are this way. The first mode has to be on for about 1 second, or else I'll often get the same mode again on the second press.

DuckhunterInTN

Newly Enlightened
I know exactly what you are talking about. I have an E2DL and two E1B's and they can switch back and forth between the modes as fast as I can push the switch. However I just bought a E2L dual mode and you have to wait quite a long time (at least 1 second) between presses, otherwise you get the same mode.

I at first wondered if my E2L was faulty but decided that it was just a difference in lights or maybe they programmed a quicker switching in the "tactical-use" lights (E2DL, E1B) than they did in the "outdoor-use" lights like my E2L.

It has taken me a while to adjust using the E2L because I am so used to the faster switching.