L4 serial # check - What's on your KL4?

Beretta1526

Flashlight Enthusiast
L4 serial # check - What\'s on your KL4?

I'm interested in how the #'s got distributed about. It seems only one dealer (TW - THANKS DAN!) has actually managed to get their shipment to start distributing them to the masses so far. It also seems that he's gotten the first couple hundred produced as well.

I've gotten

A00118 on the KL4 head (If someone has #A00007, please contact me if you'd consider selling)

EDIT: A00118 now replaced with less green A01149

and

A19605 on the L4 body

Ordered 6/19 rec'd 6/23 (weekend spoiled 2nd day)

(incedentally, my L1 is # 124)

Some misc. blabbering:
There is no dimple on the tailcap, but the lockout position is quickly achieved with a ¼-turn.

For those who are hoping for a greatly reduced price on the KL4 by itself, don't count on it. Availability may not be for a while as well. I imagine the KL4 head will be somewhere around US$80, however, this is strictly a guess on my part.

The clickie has pretty good action... suitable for use with heavy gloves unlike other click switches, but not easy to accidentally click on.

I had thought my L1 was relatively white until I kicked on the L4. What a difference. I can't really gauge the proper color at the moment due to the fluorescent lighting here in the office. With that, mine does have a decidedly cyan-ish tint to it compared to my E2e when shined on the ceiling. I would say the color is close to 5100k, while the E2e output is closer to 3700k. The only thing about the KL4 is that it's false color due to the way the white is achieved.

jtivat

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: L4 serial # check - What\'s on your KL4?

[ QUOTE ]
Beretta1526 said:

I had thought my L1 was relatively white until I kicked on the L4. What a difference. I can't really gauge the proper color at the moment due to the fluorescent lighting here in the office. With that, mine does have a decidedly cyan-ish tint to it compared to my E2e when shined on the ceiling. I would say the color is close to 5100k, while the E2e output is closer to 3700k. The only thing about the KL4 is that it's false color due to the way the white is achieved.

[/ QUOTE ]
I just tested the color temp of the KL4 and it was at 5500k.
You can see where others come in at on this thread.
Color Temp Thread

Bushman

Flashlight Enthusiast

KL4 A00044
L4 body A19573

ElectroCaver

Newly Enlightened

head: A00099
body: A19642
ordered: 6/20/03
received: 6/23/03

TCPilot

Newly Enlightened

KL4 Head: A00178
Body: A19609
Ordered: 6/20/03
Received: 6/23/03

I wonder if SF ships them sequentially? If so, TW must have ordered a HUGE order based on ElectroCaver's post & my post!

/TCP

Size15's

Flashaholic

This just goes to show that SureFire pre-etch the bezel rings. I'm really glad that CPF members and others who have shown interest in SureFire's new products have been sent the very early Serial Numbers. I think it shows that SureFire know that certain dealers have the ability to shift product to CPF and have sent the low serials for want of a better phrase "straight to CPF"

From what I can tell, the evaluation samples PK sent out were about A0053x. I doubt want to be field-testing a very low serial number SureFire because I messed up a couple already!

Al /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

FlashlightOCD

Enlightened

KL4 Head: A00300
Body: A19614
Ordered: 6/20/03
Received: 6/23/03

What do you mean by you "messed up a couple" already?

Size15's

Flashaholic

The KL1 (#56 I think) I was sent to evaluate is in bits. The KL3 (#34) has been really knocked about...

I won't be selling the SureFires I have, certainly not those I've been sent as samples as I don't consider them to be mine. Anyway, if you have been sent a low serial number SureFire (lets say less than 100 or so), I suspect that you could use this to try to increase it's value.

Al

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*

My KL4 has a serial number that's the same as my old apartment number, so I'll hang onto it thankyouverymuch. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ninja

Newly Enlightened

KL4 = A00025
L4 = A19819

Thanks Tactical Warehouse ! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif

T

TACTICAL WAREHOUSE

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Thank you for your business!!