Source for HA natural SF A-14 & A-19?

flip

Enlightened
Does anyone here know of a source that can put an HA natural finish on Surefire A-14 & A-19 extender tubes? I would think this would be popular with M3, C2/C3 owners. I know that refinishing a couple of pieces would be expensive but if several were done at a time it shouldn't be too bad.

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had an A14 and A19 hard anodized a few years ago by some fellow CPFers. I think you just have to watch for those runs of HA maglites and SF parts and make sure you get those parts sent to them. ElectronGuru does some HA for SF stuff right now, maybe he would be a good place to start? https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/234868

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
We're doing a run of A19's this very morning. I'll see about adjusting a few over to natural finish. Hope its okay, they'll be bored too.

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
I would kill for an A-14 in HA. PLEASE Electron?

Update time

The natural HA conversation didn't go as well as hoped. We use an industrial services shop for the highest strength finish, but this also means special requests are less common (and less easy). In this case, doing some in black and some in natural means setting up parts in separate racks. And the rack charge is not inconsiderable.

We've asked for a few A19's to be done as a sample, to at least check the color. If it works out, we'll consider doing a large enough run to distribute the cost.

So HA A19's and A14's can be produced, but not all soon and perhaps not in a color other than black.

ElectronGuru

Flashaholic
More bad news.

We were not able to get the gray/natural samples we hoped for. Further, A14's are harder to get ahold of than A19's (don't know why yet).

A19's will soon be available in HA, but black only.