Best place for torch testing in Scotland

EMPOWERTORCH

Enlightened
I'm heading off North of the border this weekend for a relaxing break and he chance to try out some torches in a high quality night time setting.
I'm looking for a campground that:

i) is biker friendly
ii) is not overlit withg festoons of H P Na bulbs
iii) has tap or spring water and the essential loo!
iv) could be in reach of other UK torchaholics who might care to visit.
Any suggestions?

Ross

Enlightened
I'm in Edinburgh and there's loads of campsites around me here. To be honest, I've not visited them so I'm not too sure of their facilities.
I'm not sure how far North you'll be coming but the Borders area of Scotland is absolutely beautiful, especially with the weather we're having at the moment, and again there are hundreds of wee campsites everywhere.
There's a few of us in Scotland - myself, Dirobesh (Henry), LedFX, Zelandeth (I think thats all...) so post where you're going and see what happens!

Have fun

Ross

EMPOWERTORCH

Enlightened
Thanks Ross.
I've been looking at the BMF and MAG websites, they both have a few camp sites listed as biker friendly. It's important that I can park the bike next to my tent. I usually take a side stand disk to rest the sidestand on to stop it sinking into soft ground... this is part of my standard camping gear.
If I know what campground I'm going to, I'll post it on this thread and let all you Scots torchies know where I am!

Does anyone know much about Ross-Shire?
matt

LED-FX

Enlightened
Erm be careful of revenue collectors, erm, speed cameras.

I`ve a preference towards West Coast rather than East for a break, even though live on East. Ross-Shire nice stretches between two. Night is short and light as you go further north.Glen Affric is very scenic as is most of that area, A9 pleasant drive, apart from revenue collectors....

Take loads of anti midge creams, colis and sprays.

Adam