Suggestions For a $40 to $50 Flashlight

Zarn

Newly Enlightened
I am looking to buy a Flashlight $40 to $50 price range. It will be used for Hunting and Household task. Thanks for any suggestions

Gunner12

Flashaholic
Hunting and Household tasks can be two very different things.

What kind of beampattern would you like?
What size?
How much output?
How much throw?
Runtime?
Batteries?
Multimode? (low, high, etc)

I'd suggest good 2 AA lights to start off. Some are a bit above your price range.

Quark AA^2
Fenix LD20+
Olight T25
iTP C8R

Coupon at 4sevens is "CPF8" and coupon at Battery Junction is "CPF2006"

:welcome:

Zarn

Newly Enlightened
As far as throw , beam , etc... I honestly have no idea about the aspects of the better made flashlights. I guess I am just looking for something that has a good bright light while hunting and maybe something for working in tight places around the house. Do they make a multi-beam or something with different light patterns.

Gunner12

Flashaholic
All the adjustable beam lights that I've seen either have a bad "flood" beam (reflector based) or no spill (lens/optic based).

Maybe two lights would be better for your use, but that depends on how far you need the light to project when hunting. Then the lower output modes for indoor/close range use.

corvettesR1

Enlightened
Hello Zarn. How about one of the lights from Eagletac? They make some great lights in your price range. AA batteries are easy to find so thats one choice. I think cr123 batteries have a much longer shelf life and they can be purchased on line for about $2.00 each.

I enjoy both AA and cr123 powered lights. They are both great.For hunting use I would probably get a 2 cells version for longer run time plus a longer light should be more comfortable to hold with gloves on ect.

A while back I picked up an P20A2 which uses two AA cells. There is a high mode which is real bright if needed. Here is a link that you can check out . Good luck with your choice which ever you decide to get.

http://www.pts-flashlights.com/products/productList.aspx?uid=152-153

Last edited:

Zarn

Newly Enlightened
Thanks all very good suggestions. The EagleTac P20A2 has really caught my eye.

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am looking to buy a Flashlight $40 to $50 price range. It will be used for Hunting and Household task. Thanks for any suggestions

well if those are the only criteria, then i suggest the Fenix TK20 from 4sevens, use the "CPF8" discount code and it comes to about $48.90 (shipping included).

2xAA, 2 mode, tough as a tank, neutral tint (good for hunting)