Pelican 7060 questions

Xak

Enlightened
Does it tailstand?

I have the Inova T4 and love it. I'm considering the Pelican 7060 for a gift for someone because I know it is high quality as well, and don't want to confuse them with different modes. Just wondering if it tailstands or if anyone has both and would go with the T4 over the 7060 100% of the time for any reason.

This will be for a general purpose and emergency light as a gift for someone that I know does not have a decent light laying around for emergency purposes. Is there another brand that makes a comparable rechargeable light that sits in a cradle that I am missing?

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pelican 7060 Questions

I have both the Pelican 7060 and the original Inova T4. The Pelican 7060 has dual switches, so trying to tailstand would be futile.

I would only suggest going with an Inova T4 now if you want a metal light or if you wanted to interchange with other existing accessories.

I am issued a Streamlight Stinger LED at work. It is a solid light, too, and charges in a cradle. There are some newer Streamlight Stinger LED HP and Stinger DS LED HP that would also be great choices.

If you have store nearby that carries these lights, I would encourage you to try them out in person. Needless to say, they are reviews/posts on all of these light here on the forum.

You probably can't go wrong with any of them. One might have more of a hot spot, while another might be more flood. I like having a tight spot in case I have to light up a house number, but that is probably not a concern for most people. To give any of these to a non-flashaholic would be a great gift. About the only other consideration is, depending on where you or they live, you might find Streamlight parts and accessories in stock at a nearby Cabelas, but many people buy online anyway, so that might not be a concern. I know know Cabelas near me has a very nice selection of lights in stock and Streamlights are prominently displayed!

You could even look at the Streamlight Strion LED if you wanted something smaller.

Last edited: