I want a 18650 powered light that is cheap and will WOW my friends

stockstinks

Newly Enlightened
I have a bunch of 18650 batteries that I want to use in a flashlight that will be bright as hell. I would like to get it from DX or somewhere else that is a great deal.
I want to spend less that $30.00

I did use the search but it is overwelming.

It just needs to impress and 2 modes or more would be nice.

Please help me.

pobox1475

Enlightened
Why not just go to DX site and pick one? Or at least list a few for us to compare in order to make recommendations.

C-Beam

Newly Enlightened
Forget that dealextreme nonsense and get a Romisen RC-M4 from Shiningbeam. Better CS, faster shipping.

http://www.shiningbeam.com/servlet/the-168/Romisen-RC-dsh-M4-II-Q5/Detail

352p46t.jpg

kramer5150

Flashaholic
Define "wow my friends"... what is it that impresses them? Throw? Wall of light? Tint / beam quality?

On a more subjective note...
I really don't think yo uare going to impress anybody with a DX/KD light. They will either arrive DOA or fail on you in the field. At most your friends will get a good laugh. Every one of my lights (except the Romisen RC-C3) needed a full part by part tear down, solder reflow, and/or some mechanical rework with a file, dremel and wet-sand paper to get them to perform reliably.

I think you are better off getting a Romisen or ITP from shiningbeam, that way you have some warranty protection.

Last edited:

Painful Chafe

Enlightened
Keep checking the Marketplace for a EagleTAC T100C2. You should be able to pick up one in great shape for around $35.

Last edited:

Frankiarmz

Enlightened
The Ultrafire WF-502B is the flashlight you want! Got mine from DX and could not be more happy. Mode memory, strong thrower, you won't be disappointed.

qwertyydude

Flashlight Enthusiast
I built my wow light. It's a Romisen RC-M4, looks like a plain old light but in it is a direct drive modded MC-E P60 pill, of course with aluminum foil and arctic silver in critical heat transfer areas because at over 4 amps current draw it get hot plenty fast but the wall of light it throws is mind blowing and retina frying. It has decent throw too because of the sheer brute force of the light. I only use it to impress people because it gets too hot for any extended use so if that's all you want to do it's a decent light to get. If you're looking for a throw monster a cheap and good one is the HS-802, very tight beam that goes on for what seems like forever, tighter than any of my aspherics, recoil included.