Gift LED Ideas for Maintenance Crew

hivoltage

Enlightened
I need a couple flashlight ideas for gifts for my maintenance crew, 18 electricians, pipefitters, sheetmetal workers and carpenters. Would like it to use a single CR123 battery because thats what we stock, come with a holster, and be bright. Around a 75 dollar max cost. Help me our here folks!!!! Thanks

saabgoblin

Enlightened
Check out Zebralights can be used as a headlamp or flashlight with CR123A capabilities. For those that work with their hands for an extended period of time, a headlamp is incredibly useful. Not sure if they come with a holster option.

Hack On Wheels

Enlightened
Quark 123 (regular or tactical)
Fenix PD10
Fenix PD20

But what do you think would be best suited for them? Clicky, twisty, forward clicky, reverse clicky, many modes, a couple modes... etc.

bansuri

Enlightened
Saabgoblin's got a good point. People who work with their hands can't work if they're holding a flashlight.
The H30 would be a welcome addition to any maintenance person's toolkit.
I've got the H50 and H501 and haven't had any problem with either. They are lights that I will never get rid of because they have so much utility. Money well-spent.
While you're at it, get one for yourself!

jslappa

Enlightened
Allow me to meet my fellow CPF'rs in the middle with a synergistic "win-win" for everyone......

Nitecore EX10 R2 light ($63) after 40% off, $38!!!!
Nitecore headband ($7.50)
4seven 123 holster ($8)

The EX10 is 40% off right now, and that's for every EX10 light. So, buy 17 lights, get 40% off each light. We are now at $53.50 for each light, and you get your holster, CPF'rs are happy because your crew can use the light without hands as a headlamp, and you're under your max by almost 32%.

The Nitecore EX10 is one of the best 123 lights available. They have hard anodized coatings, and are waterproof. I turn on my EX10 and toss it in the pool at night for the kids. I throw it in the pool, and they swim after it.
These are going fast, so you might want to call their CS# at 1-866-470-6691
to make sure they have that many left. Below are links to all 3 items needed.
Be sure to use the code nitecore40 to get your 40% off. You may even be able to use the CS# to order, but be sure to mention the code nitecore40.

EX10 R2
http://www.4sevens.com/product_info.php?products_id=708
Headband
http://www.4sevens.com/product_info.php?cPath=93_97&products_id=1862
holster
http://www.4sevens.com/product_info.php?cPath=297_304&products_id=1883

sol-leks

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the fenix mc-10 might be a good choice. Small for easy carry and pocketability, can work as both a handheld and a headlamp, and it comes with a diffuser. The swivel head could be handy too.

jslappa

Enlightened
I think the fenix mc-10 might be a good choice. Small for easy carry and pocketability, can work as both a handheld and a headlamp, and it comes with a diffuser. The swivel head could be handy too.

Great suggestion, I forgot about a diffuser option. A diffuser would eliminate the hotspot when working up close.

jhc37013

Flashlight Enthusiast
Quark 123 (regular or tactical)
Fenix PD10
Fenix PD20

But what do you think would be best suited for them? Clicky, twisty, forward clicky, reverse clicky, many modes, a couple modes... etc.

+1 These seem to be what your looking for of those i would suggest the PD20 its a little bigger then the PD10 thus it may be easier to grip while working. It also provides instant access to multiple mode from lo-med-high-turbo, seems like that may be important if there doing up close work click it on low but if the need arrives for more light just tap the switch once or twice for more light.

Nice gift ideas if we CPF members was your employees we would certainly be happy and I'm sure they will be to when they see just how bright a little light can be.

GarageBoy

Flashlight Enthusiast
Go with clicky. Single hand operation (yeah, you can do that with a twisty too, but the clicky takes that much less concentration)

LightCannon

Enlightened
+1 on the Quark 123 (either Tactical or Regular would be great.)

Also good is the Dereelight C2H.

If you want something throwy, there is the Dereelight Javelin Shorty, which is basically a javelin head screwed onto a C2H body. It'll run you about 55 dollars.

Solarforce L2 is also quite popular on here, I think.

hivoltage

Enlightened
Actually I like the Quark 123....anybody have one of these. I will look to see if there is a review on them.