Broke my clip on Fenix LD10 Today

Harv

Newly Enlightened
Been using my LD-10 now for a couple of weeks as my EDC light. Depending on the pants I wear, I sometimes use the clip and place it in my pocket like you would a Folding knife.

Went thru a door at work today and caught the clip on the edge of the door and it broke off!!! I was kind of surprised. Now I'm wondering if I should even use a clip. Can a replacment be had from Fenix if I want to replace it?

Anyone else ever have this happen? Am I the only one who uses a clip and carries that way?

burntoshine

Enlightened
i carry my Liteflux LF2XT the exact same way; i think that's quite a popular carry method. never broke a clip though. sounds like a case of bad luck.

contact where you bought it; it's possible they'll send you a replacement for free.

SuperTrouper

Enlightened
Depending on the pants I wear, I sometimes use the clip and place it in my pocket like you would a Folding knife.
Am I the only one who uses a clip and carries that way?

I tried carrying it that way when I first got my LD10, but I found the clip a bit sharp when I put my hand in my pocket past the light to reach my car keys.

In the end I decided to just not bother with the clip and found the light just slips into the pocket nicely.

I find the light nicer to hold in the hand without the clip too!