anything better then quark mini?

Huz

Newly Enlightened
I am looking for tiny, light neutral/warm LED w/ good spill-wide hotspot AND medium throw. anything better then quark mini 123 warm? any upcoming model?

CaseyS

Newly Enlightened
I don't think the Quark mini 123 neutral uses an XPG so it won't have the same wide hotspot that the cool version does.

Huz

Newly Enlightened
just checking... I am not sure if neutral white quark mini (XPE) are as floody as regular XPG mini.

Huz

Newly Enlightened
I don't think the Quark mini 123 neutral uses an XPG so it won't have the same wide hotspot that the cool version does.

so is there a better alternative to mini? or will I have to wait for XPG neutral emitter?

radu1976

Enlightened
Quark Mini....TITANIUM would be better , of course :) !
I hope the Qmini will be regulated with CR123 3V ...it would be an awesome light .

Why did nobody realeased a mini light like the old FENIX P1CE Q2 which has a SUPER regulation for 100 min with a CR123 ??!!
That would be a perfect light for me.
They released lights to work only 30-40 min in regulation with a RCR123 :(

B0wz3r

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just bought a NiteCore EZAAw from 4Sevens and received it yesterday. I was looking at a mini, but I wanted something floodier.

Most people might consider the Mini to be floodier than the NiteCore but I disagree. The mini has a larger circle of light and a larger hotspot. However, the EZAAw has more brightness in its spill area, despite (because of actually) its smaller total circle of light. In my book this makes the NiteCore floodier because the overall beam pattern is more even, with less difference between the hotspot and the spill. It still also has a decent amount of throw on high, easily enough to go across the 10 yard width of my back yard. It's a little longer but slimmer than the Mini, but I like that form factor better than shorter and fatter (one reason I'll never use a 1x123 light).

Check it out, I believe they still have them in stock and if you order right away you should still get it in time for Christmas.

jackthedog

Newly Enlightened
I realized this is a bit of apples and oranges comparison, but my 123^2 NW Quark was a nice floody beam and that's not the new XPG. I've got at NW AA MiNi on order, so that either says I like the beam or am addicted to flashlights. And now that I'm seeing pictures of the MiNi 123 I may have to hide my PayPal account from myself.

Quark Mini....TITANIUM would be better , of course :) !
I hope the Qmini will be regulated with CR123 3V ...it would be an awesome light .

Why did nobody realeased a mini light like the old FENIX P1CE Q2 which has a SUPER regulation for 100 min with a CR123 ??!!
That would be a perfect light for me.
They released lights to work only 30-40 min in regulation with a RCR123 :(

+1..........:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup: