LS being stored in FedEx warehouse?

Status
Not open for further replies.

georget98

Enlightened
I ordered my first ever LS on Thursday. It arrived at the local FedEx distribution center Saturday. The estimated arrival date is Wednesday. Does this mean it's going to sit there for 3 days?
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'd call them, or even better... just drive up to the FedEx warehouse and demand your LS! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Just follow everthing this guys does --> /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rant.gif and you should get your LS pretty soon. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif

Floating Spots

Enlightened
Make sure its not in transit to that warehouse.
Until you have an arrival scan, its actually in transit to that warehouse. I've seen some tracks that are deceiving.

Floating Spots

Enlightened
There is another one that both Fedex and UPS do that pi@@ me off. If you pay for a specific delivery, say three day select, they will both hold a package and deliver it the third day. This is so that the service is consistent, I guess. I found out when I ordered computer hardware from a California company. The items shipped out of a warehouse 20 minutes away. They then sat for 2 more days in a warehouse, not to be delivered or picked up.

BF Hammer

Enlightened
Hmmm. The last order I placed with Arc (twisty switch pack and batteries) was shipped with the cheapest option. I placed the order on a Saturday and it arrived on the following Tuesday afternoon. I was fully prepared to wait for that Friday or longer expecting it to be shipped by ground service. Of course MA is almost twice as far as WI from AZ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif

koala

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hey.. I guess I beat all of you guys.. less than 48 hours from USA to Australia. How about that? But I paid a hefty sum /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/frown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif ARC goods dispatch is way fast.

If the place is less than 5 hours drive from my location, I would go there by my wheels /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif .

Vince.

FlashlightOCD

Enlightened
FEDEX normally holds the packages, even if they arrive early, unless you paid for premium service. I guess if they didn't do this, then everybody would use the SAVER delivery rates.

You guys that got yours early were lucky, they sat on my 2003 CPF AAA for three days.

GJW

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't know if it's fair to say that FedEx holds them.
When you look at the tracking info and it says that the package has reached such-and-such location -- it quite often means that the cargo carrier with your package in it has reached that location.
The cargo carrier itself can be as large as a semi-truck and it still needs to be unloaded and sorted.

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
i think the only deliver on the third day, not because they're being difficult about it but because people might have made arrangements to receive it only on the third day.

ExMB

Newly Enlightened
Mine made it to VA over the weekend (ordered friday) and the tracking response was "Not scheduled for delivery" with a delivere date of 7/2.
I called FedEx this morning, they put a stop on the package, drove over a lunch and picked it up.

Gransee

Flashlight Enthusiast
Must of been a lunch with one of those overstuffed sandwiches you have to mush down just to fit in the mouth.

Glad to hear you got it ok.

Peter

georget98

Enlightened
Here's the latest tracking display:

Ship Date : 06/27/2003
Delivered To :
Delivery Location : FALMOUTH MA
Delivery Date/Time :
Signed For By :
Service Type : Express Saver
Estimated Delivery Date : 07/02/2003 16:30

Scan Activity Date/Time Scan Exceptions
------------- ---------------- ---------------
On FedEx vehicle for delivery WEST YARMOUTH MA 06/30/2003 08:04
Package status WEST YARMOUTH MA 06/28/2003 09:40 Package not due for delivery
Arrived at FedEx Destination Location WEST YARMOUTH MA 06/28/2003 09:39
Left FedEx Ramp EAST BOSTON MA 06/28/2003 08:51
Arrived at FedEx Ramp EAST BOSTON MA 06/28/2003 06:53
Left FedEx Sort Facility MEMPHIS TN 06/28/2003 04:12
Left FedEx Sort Facility MEMPHIS TN 06/28/2003 02:17
Arrived at Sort Facility MEMPHIS TN 06/28/2003 01:00
Left FedEx Ramp PHOENIX AZ 06/27/2003 20:28
Left FedEx Origin Location TEMPE AZ 06/27/2003 19:50
Arrived at FedEx Ramp PHOENIX AZ 06/27/2003 19:12
Picked up by FedEx TEMPE AZ 06/27/2003 14:34

As far as I know, FedEx has already delivered today and no LS. I guess they're really going to hold it until Wednesday.

UPS does this, too. I had 2 packages come from 2 companies in Connecticut. The UPS brown came overnight, the 2 day air package went on the truck, but had the notation "too early" and didn't come until day 2.

I understand why they do this (sort of), but it's poor customer relations to tease us like this.

ExMB

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
georget98 said:

[/ QUOTE ]

From my experience with FedEx, this means they loaded it on a truck this morning and will be delivering it today.

Peter, it was in fact a large roastbeast and chedder /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

georget98

Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
ExMB said:
[ QUOTE ]
georget98 said:

[/ QUOTE ]

From my experience with FedEx, this means they loaded it on a truck this morning and will be delivering it today.

[/ QUOTE ]

No flashlight. I just checked and it's back in Yarmouth resting comfortably for the night. I wonder if they'll take it for another ride tomorrow or if they'll just wait until Wednesday, the estimated arrival date.

MichiganMan

Enlightened
I went through this when waiting for a computer I had ordered and already waited the better part of a month to be be built. I was driven to the point of madness when I saw that it had arrived at a FedEx location only 60 miles south where it was to sit on a truck, in a lot, for two more nights because it wasn't scheduled to arrive until then, AND I was told that there was no way they would hand it over to me if I made the 60 mile trip myself (I know, I know, digging it out of the truck would break the whole bleeping system)

It ended with me giving the clerk a polite but "very disappointed in you young lady" type talk over how this was an easy opportunity for FedEx to show off its service by giving a customer a little extra satisfaction (Remember, UPS and USP are right down the road) and they were purposefully choosing not to take it.

mattheww50

Flashlight Enthusiast
The answer on this is yes and no. UPS will deliver 3 day shipments earlier than 3 days if the Ground shipping time is less then 3 days. For example Los Angeles - Phoenix is a 2 day guaranteed ground. If you use 3 day select, you will get the shipment in 2 days. If you use Blue, you will get it in 2 days. UPS now has transit time guarantees on all services.

Arc uses Fedex 3 day, however if you happen to live in the Phoenix Metro area, it is next day (which I do) . If you don't believe it, I suggest you look at Fedex tracking number 791421110740 .

Tracking number
Signed for by
XXXXXXXXXXXX
Ship date
Jun 25, 2003
Delivery date/time
Jun 26, 2003 2:30 pm

Reference number
3570JAMES
Delivered to
Recipient
Delivery location
PHOENIX AZ
Service type
Express Saver

I have placed several orders directly with Arc, paid for 3 day, they have shipped 3 days, but because I am local, it is next day.

They just don't have a good place to store merchandise at local distribution center. There are a number of things that can happen if you store merchandise this way. They are all bad.

You want to know how to get 3 day product delivered overnight anywhere in the USA? Give it a real high declared value. Fedex will use the insurance revenue to upgrade the shipping, they just don't want to store high value merchandise (like tens of thousands of dollars worth).

Once something is on a Fedex Truck, it it isn't delivered, somebody screwed up or nobody was home.

There is no intention of providing overnight storage on the truck.

georget98

Enlightened
Well, they put it back on the truck this morning. I left work at 4:10 and when I got home checked the tracking again to see if it was safely tucked in bed at the warehouse again. Surprise, it said delivered at 4:17. Being my first LS, I drove the 15 miles back to the office and picked it up. Needless to say, this is the brightest day we've had all summer.

It's finally dark. Wow! It IS bright. And it's white, too. Whiter than my AAA which I always thought was pretty white. Whiter than my Opalec 2-AA MM which is way whiter than my AAA. Well you get the idea.

One thing, though. I agonized over low or high, low or high. I did a bit of reading here and decided the low suited my purposes better. I opened the package and there's a high in there. I'll email them and find out if it was intentional or not. At least I think I ordered a low...

ufokillerz

Enlightened
Tracking number
Signed for by
XXXXXXXXX
Ship date
May 27, 2003
Delivery date/time
May 28, 2003 12:16 pm

Reference number
XXXX
Delivery location