Just got my first high-output flashlight; have a couple quick questions

Panoptic

Newly Enlightened
Howdy folks. Just got a Jetbeam RRT-0 (for Christmas, awesome) with a AA battery extender and have a couple of questions. I'd like to use 123 lithium batteries to get the light's full output on high, but I would also like to use rechargeables too if they're available. I found AW's RCR123A batteries at 4Sevens, but they say this on the page:

"Use of these cells in the Fenix P2D, P1D, or PD20 is not recommended and could damage the light."

So I guess my questions are, am I better off sticking with standard 123A or AA batteries, or are these (the AWs) safe for my light? How will the battery life be compared to disposables? Or, perhaps if you'd recommend something different, I'd certainly appreciate the guidance.

Thanks!

elder

Newly Enlightened
You can use Li-Ion rechargeables. As i like the rrt-0 better with the extender installed i use an AW 14500 rechargeable but that is a matter of personal taste.

John_Galt

Flashlight Enthusiast
The RRT-0 will produce 180 lumens with a CR123, lithium AA, or Ni-MH AA. For it to produce full output, 240 lumens, you need to use rechargable CR123's or 14500 lithium ion rechargable AA's. This is because of the driver.

The driver in the RRT-0 is meant to use RCR123's or 14500's and retain all functions, but the Fenix series aren't. Lithium ion batteries direct drive the LED.

Panoptic

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the help, everyone. I think I'm going to go with a pair of AW 14500s and an Ultrafire charger.

And I have been enjoying this flashlight a lot! It hasn't even been a day and I've already drained one battery. :cool: