Mini Inova knock off

yclo

Flashaholic*
Note that I do not have any affiliation with either Inova or the company that produced the following light. The following light may resemble an Inova product, it isn't one.

I purchased it off a street stall in Hong Kong.

fbc7d70c.jpg

Bigger picture

fbc7d708.jpg

Bigger picture

fbc7d707.jpg

Bigger picture

fbc7d701.jpg

Bigger picture

fbc7d6fb.jpg

Bigger picture

fbc7d6f8.jpg

Bigger picture

fbc7d6f5.jpg

Bigger picture

IlluminatingBikr

Flashlight Enthusiast
The packaging even looks the same as the Inova. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/yellowlaugh.gif Do you have an X5 you could compare it to?

JJHitt

Enlightened
I see the packaging says "Try It" by an opening over the tailswitch; but your photo doesn't show a button on the tail. Is there a spring loaded switch or is it mearly twist on / twist off?

batterystation

Enlightened
I received a sample from China last month that was even closer to the X5. It has 5 LEDs and runs on 2 CR123 cells.
It is a bit narrower though and really cheaply made. It has a clickie tail switch. Black body. A clear rip off. If I knew how to post a picture in here I would, but that is a lesson for another day.

hotbeam

Flashlight Enthusiast
What's the build quality like YC? Cheap and nasty or will it pass our QC?

yclo

Flashaholic*
QC? Just like what you'd expect for $15.. But the flashaholic in me just had to get it!

There is no momentary switch, but if you screw the tailcap just before it comes on you can press it for "momentary".

The package is pretty much an alteration of Inova's. It even has "Lifetime warranty" written on it!

-YC