Fireworks?

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I remember after the last Gulf war my neiborhood went crazy on the 4th. It seemed like a war right here. Two of my neigbors ended up with broken windows as a result. I sat outside drinking a beer and watching...after things started really getting crazy I moved my chair under a tree in my yard to have at least some safety. At one point the people in the sreet behind my started shooting at the street on the other side of my street...caught in the middle...and these weren`t little pop bottle rocket either. Seemed that every block was trying to destroy some other block. There was not even one litte second of quiet. Several street signs had to be replace as they were all burned from folks hanging strings of firecrackers on them.

Will this year be that bad?

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
Fireworks aren't legal here - not even "safe and sane" kinds or even sparklers. But you can go north, south, or east and buy them & shoot them off.

Every year, some boob sneaks cherry bombs or M1000s into Myrtle Edwards park (past the police searchers and all) and blows up port-O-lets or honey buckets with them, usually while the Elliot Bay fireworks display is running - probably to help mask the sound. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon15.gif

hula

Newly Enlightened
You wanna try living where I am in the UK when it's near Nov. 5th. For about two weeks every night they'll be air bombs, rockets, those screeching things etc going off most of the night and into the small hours. There's frequent explosions going off in the summer as well when alot of people combine their barbecues with homemade firework displays. I like fireworks but not in the hands of idiots.

Hula.