Flood Light Suggestion

MBurke

Newly Enlightened
Hello, I am thinking about getting a flood light for my ice fishing shack, one like this....
http://setthehook.com/icefishing/shelters/TrapPro.jpg
I have been useing my Fenix P2D but it has a hot spot and not enough flood to it, but if I take the reflector off it's perfect (useing it on med to high) I only use it for a couple hours at a time so run time isn't that great of a issue and neither is battery type, I have rechargeable AA and primery 123's. I guess my main concerne is getting a light that is bright enough.
My question is.....what kind of light should I be looking for ? Zebra h30, H501, Fenix headlight... something else ? I know there are a lot of choices but any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks
Mike :)

Yucca Patrol

Enlightened
You DEFINITELY want a Zebralight for your intended purpose. It puts out a perfectly clean and even flood light that is fantastic for working in close quarters with your hands. Looking at the size of your ice-fishing shelter, ANY of the zebralights will work great for you.

In your shoes, I'd get the ZL H501W because the warm tint gives the most pleasant and natural light. But choose your ZL based on the battery type you find most convenient for you.

I use my Zebralights to light up my 3 man tent at night and on the brightest setting pointed at the ceiling, I can read comfortably laying in my sleeping bag.

MBurke

Newly Enlightened
Great....thanks for your suggestions.
Looks like the 501w is going to be hard to find..........Is the Zebralight 501W gone for ever ??
Thanks for your insight on this app.
Mike

Last edited:

Mark620

Enlightened
Looks like the 501w is going to be hard to find..........Is the Zebralight 501W gone for ever ?? Mike

They are still available, just search for Zebralight H501W.
I have the H501 and the H60W. I ordered the H60W direct and it arrived two to 3 days!

Last edited:

Mark620

Enlightened
Hope you like that light...good luck.

I looked for a 501W, seems they are out of stock for now.

MBurke

Newly Enlightened
I received my H30 today...nice little light but not as bright as I was hoping for. I might be looking for something else in the future or just use my Fenix lights for now.