Hi, just recieved my first surefire - WOW

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
i know i know, everybody does this dont they ? i didnt have a surefire. seemed expensive, seemed dim, seemed like a name thing oh yeah and had a weird hotspot beam no spill which would be anoying !
despite all the surefire owners telling us they were awsome well made well worth the money and explaining surefire lumens, it was still a tough choice to decide to buy one.
well now ive recieved it and all i can say is WOW !
surefire E1L - its sooo pretty, sooo well made. 45 lumen output is brighter than some of my 80 lumen things ! the spill ( despite all the deceptive beam shots around ) is very bright, that hotspot is unbelievable. and it sure throws well.
i cant see anything negative in this little thing, i had a long wish list of different lights i wanted but i dont see the point now ?
i think i will just stick with surefire ? period.
just do it. you wont regret it.
:D

THE_dAY

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got my first Surefire too, last month, the LX2 and WOW is right.
highfive.gif

Great build, gorgeous design, and man that TIR throws a strong beautiful spot outdoors.

carrot

Flashaholic
Congrats on your first Surefire. I'm sure it won't be the last. Welcome to the club! I have plenty of Surefires and I gotta admit they are spectacularly addictive.

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
can i ask, do you use the LX2 out in the open ? like just flat land fields with very distant boundries ? i had originally looked at the jetbeam raptor 1 for this lighting purpose but, well id rather get another surefire. based on my E1l id guess the Lx2 is pretty awsome outdoors :)

thanks carrot, wont be long before i have a ' collection' im sure !

steveG

Enlightened
I just got my first Surefire too, last month, the LX2 and WOW is right.

Now that's how you step up to Surefire!

An E1L was my second Surefire. It's a great little light. Shortly after, I decided I just had to have an E2DL... pure awesome. So far I've been good and have resisted the temptation to buy an LX2.

PeaceOfMind

Enlightened
Just got my first Surefire as well not long ago (LX2). I love it. Now I want to get an E1L as well to compliment it. Great lights all-around. Congrats on your purchase.

knightrider

Enlightened
Good choice. One of the classic lights that is small and built like a tank. Enjoy your new light.

I bet you already have another model or two in mind as your next purchase...
:)

Jida

Newly Enlightened
Same boat here and I have posted up about getting the E2DL-bk as a gift.

The built quality and look is comperable to most of the higher end lights out there. Maybe a little thicker here, maybe a little sharper there, etc.

Nothing majorly compelling IMO on that front.

The TIR though makes for a very interesting design and useable light.

Within about 50-75 yards it is an extremely effective light even with light saturation from nearby light sources.

I am very impressed by its 'daily use' configuration. In low mode it throws the hotspot, albeit dimmer, almost as far as on high. The spill is very well defined although it is overshadowed by how bright the hotspot is.

Since you cannot directly access low mode from 'start up' I am not sure about its use as a survival light however in every other way it is very nice.

THE_dAY

Flashlight Enthusiast
can i ask, do you use the LX2 out in the open ? like just flat land fields with very distant boundries ? i had originally looked at the jetbeam raptor 1 for this lighting purpose but, well id rather get another surefire. based on my E1l id guess the Lx2 is pretty awsome outdoors :)

thanks carrot, wont be long before i have a ' collection' im sure !

I live in the city so no "flat land field with very distant boundaries":), I just meant "outdoors" as in not inside the home.

but the LX2 isn't a super thrower like the Raptor 1, it has a larger less intense spot than the Raptor and is really good for 'mid' distance like looking up trees or around a backyard, in a dark alley/parking lot etc.. but the TIR has such a nice big spot yet still gives decent sidespill.
You can check out DimeRazorback's great beamshots to see the difference between the LX2 and the Raptor 1.

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/posts/3005826&postcount=5

For distant boundaries the Raptor would be a good choice.
Here's a thread showing the Raptor along with other Jetbeams for long distance shots:

https://www.candlepowerforums.com/threads/253295

Now that's how you step up to Surefire!

An E1L was my second Surefire. It's a great little light. Shortly after, I decided I just had to have an E2DL... pure awesome. So far I've been good and have resisted the temptation to buy an LX2.

I've been wanting a Surefire that would have strong output as well as long runtime with great regulation for a while and for me the LX2 fits the bill.:thumbsup:

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
thanks for the info, i think im just convincing myself i dont need to see the boundries, i think the lx2 throws well enough to see a 'good distance ' around me. not sure my eyes could focus that far anyways haha. its just about spotting dangers early enough to protect us and the dog from anything. raptor seemed an obvious choice . until now.

i bought the E1l to sit along side my extreme, the lights are the right size for me - easy in the pocket when walking going from street light to darkness - keeps the hand free. and a great size to get in and around my car - thats being rebuilt, there just so handy !

bigger is next though :)
im suprised they dont have a bigger light with big led power - G2L 6PL Z2l with LX2 200lumens ? strange

DimeRazorback

Flashlight Enthusiast
Congrats on your first Surefire! :party:

I'm sure it won't be your last!

Here is some Surefire goodness to brighten up the thread a little!

P1073148.jpg

PA292956.jpg

PA192884.jpg

P9212665.jpg

PA172811.jpg

SurefireFamilycopy.jpg

P8062123.jpg

zs&tas

Flashlight Enthusiast
sweet collection :thanks: i like the look of the z2s, bet it holds well. Lx2 looks awsome - bang up to date design.

my birthdays too far away ...........
i need a good excuse to get a light so im using xmas & bdays to treat myself - i have too many expensive hobbies but atleast i get a steady trickle of lights coming through. actually E1L is my wedding present :) so its an extra !

slappomatt

Newly Enlightened
I have had a standard G2 for a while now and just decided this Xmas to get me a nicer SF light. I found a killer deal on a NOS L2 but was seriously underwhelmed with its performance. the two stage tailcap while simple to use was even more sloppy than their regular Z41 tailcaps. So I returned it and got a good deal on a demo C2. Pretty happy with that. Also got a 6PL to play around with. Now I'm waiting to swap in some clicky switches and better LED dropin's