NiteCore EZ Series Carbon Deposits

Deputy T.

Newly Enlightened
I've had my NiteCore EZCR2 on my keychain for a few months. I'm on my third battery. Today I've noticed that when on high mode it would flicker horribly. When I took it apart I found the bottom of the battery and the negative contact point in the battery tube both had quite a bit of blackness I can only assume is carbon deposit. I scrape off what I was able to with my keys and the light works much better now. When I get home from work I'll try to clean it further with some of my gun cleaner, and if necessary a bit of sandpaper on a chopstick. I'll of course take pictures before doing so.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Last edited:

Dan FO

Enlightened
Just use a pencil eraser and and some alcohol on a Q-Tip.

Pekka

Newly Enlightened
When I took it apart I found the bottom of the battery and the negative contact point in the battery tube both had quite a bit of blackness I can only assume is carbon deposit.

Has anyone else experienced this?

Yes and no. I've noticed the bottom end picking up that grey gunk, but from what I can gather it's aluminum that I've "sanded" off from the button with the negative battery terminal (the battery bottom is steel with rough finish). If you think of the rubber washer holding battery against the bottom, there should be continuous contact and only the positive nipple picking up deposits.

KITP1JG0

Newly Enlightened
Hi Guys,
Do you think by putting a small piece of Aluminium foil inside will help? I think it will also help to act as cushion on the battery terminal. We can change the Aluminium foil regularly. I will try it when I buy some Aluminium foil.:)