What is similar to the TANK007 - E07 ?

Lgo838

Newly Enlightened
I am reposting this under a new thread. I think I previously posted it in the wrong place.

I have just bought my first three flash lights...

1) The Tanks E07 , HA-III Osram 120 Lumen
2) Uniqufire S10 Cree-R2 WC 220 Lumen
3) UltraFire A10 Cree Q5 1-Mode in gray/silver, (I think 220 Lumens)

As I said these were my first and for a 50+ year old they are fun toys.
I like the size of the Tank. Although, I would prefer it to have a push button on the bottom like my other two.

Can someone suggest a flashlight about the size of the Tank E07 with a push button on/off?

I bought all three from DX. They ship from China and I had to sign for them. Where else do people order from with reasonable prices that ship from the US?

Also, I was very pleasantly surprised when I bought and used 14500's instead of the AA's.

Lastly, If you are answering "my" question, please put Lgo in your response. Sometimes it can get confusing on forums who people are replying to.

This looks like a good forum page with tons of people.
Thanks in advance
Lgo

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Lgo and :welcome:

you can check out 4sevens for a nice range of lights. The lights will be more expensive than lights from DX but quality, shipping time, customer service etc will be a lot better.

Not that i have anything against DX, i have ordered many items from them but at the same time have also returned a number of items too.

Back to your question about a light the size of the tank but with a clicky i dont think that it is possible as once you change the twist switch to a clicky, the length will definitely go up as there are simply more parts that go into a clicky, that is an inescapable fact.

I personally have a Quark Mini 123 on my keychain, its one of the smallest CR123 lights around. Before that i had a Fenix LD01 (great little AAA light).

Lgo838

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Hyper. I have read many of your posts and enjoy them. Thanks for the info.
Lgo

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks Hyper. I have read many of your posts and enjoy them. Thanks for the info.
Lgo

oh, thank you for that :p

if u really want a great AA light, try to see if you can score a Nitecore D10 smart PD, the NON SP version with ramping up and down. The versatility of that light and its fantastic build quality will definitely impress you.

Vikas Sontakke

Enlightened
Since Tank007 is AAA light, you should *definitely* buy Trustfire F23. It is also a AAA light but lot more brighter than Tank007 with NiMh. It also has tail switch and is 3-mode with real memory. It looks *stunning*. It is stainless steel, it is bigger than Tank007 and heavier but you will love it. It is available from the usual place for $13. The best $13 I have spent at that place and I can tell you I have spent hundreds and hundreds of dollars at that place over last few years.

F23 is a steal at the price; get one before they are gone. I have both Tank007 and F23.

- Vikas

jk037

Newly Enlightened
Since Tank007 is AAA light, you should *definitely* buy Trustfire F23. It is also a AAA light but lot more brighter than Tank007 with NiMh. It also has tail switch and is 3-mode with real memory. It looks *stunning*. It is stainless steel, it is bigger than Tank007 and heavier but you will love it. It is available from the usual place for $13. The best $13 I have spent at that place and I can tell you I have spent hundreds and hundreds of dollars at that place over last few years.

F23 is a steal at the price; get one before they are gone. I have both Tank007 and F23.

- Vikas

Hi Vikas, would this be the Trustfire XP-EF23 as per SKU 24291 on DX? If so then what you say is very encouraging as I have one on order, looking forward to receiving it even more now! :D

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Vikas, would this be the Trustfire XP-EF23 as per SKU 24291 on DX? If so then what you say is very encouraging as I have one on order, looking forward to receiving it even more now! :D

i have ordered 3 of these. NONE of them have an SOS mode, it is a strobe instead.

Out of the 3 one was stuck in high after a drop and no amount of 1/2 clicking would make it change modes. So it is now a single mode light (which i gave away).

The other 2 are working as advertised but again, there is NO sos mode, just a reasonably fast strobe.

these are pretty nice for the $ though dont expect too much.

Vikas Sontakke

Enlightened
i have ordered 3 of these. NONE of them have an SOS mode, it is a strobe instead.

Out of the 3 one was stuck in high after a drop and no amount of 1/2 clicking would make it change modes. So it is now a single mode light (which i gave away).

The other 2 are working as advertised but again, there is NO sos mode, just a reasonably fast strobe.

these are pretty nice for the $ though dont expect too much.

Was SOS a requirement? I just searched for SOS and yours was the first reference to it.

Lgo, you would like that light. It is one of few current controlled light in this form factor. Even the highly recommended Quark MiNis do not have current regulation but this El Cheapo does!! When you hot wire to run it on 2xAAA, the tail current drops by half. This shows excellent regulation. On good quality (Duraloop) fully charged NiMh it will start with about 1amp current and gradually *increase* (as battery starts draining) before it starts dropping once it gets out of regulation. It will run on Lithium Ion 10440 too. On low mode there is PWM flicker and if you have good hearing, you can hear it buzz.

Surprisingly it is almost as bright on NiMh as Nitecore EZ123 Neutral is on RCR123. Nitecore output is probably little less because it has Neutral tint but even then F23 comes very close to it on both low and high. Between the two, I like F23 as it has a tail-switch and can take all type of batteries whereas EZ123 is finicky about the length of the battery for the correct high/low operation.

Please review it once you get the light.

Last edited:

Lgo838

Newly Enlightened
Thanks Vikas, I will be ordering a TF-23 then next time I order flashlights, probably next week.
Lgo

underdunk

Newly Enlightened

- Vikas

I think his Tank007 E07 is an AA light. I'm also looking for something exactly like that but with a clicky. The AAA Tanks have a clicky but not the E07 for some reason. I've considered the Akoray 106 but I think the UniqueFire AA-S1 is a better choice. The latter being fairly new so I'm waiting for more reviews.

Romisen RC-H3 is similarly sized I think, but the one on DX seems to be only a P2 or P3, and not HA-III. Forward-clicky though!

I can't decide between these.

mfm

Enlightened
It is one of few current controlled light in this form factor. Even the highly recommended Quark MiNis do not have current regulation but this El Cheapo does!!
What? Both are PWM regulated. The difference is that the Quark Mini probably doesn't buzz on low (if it is using the same circuit as the iTP A3, which is very likely).

Don't waste money on the crappy AAA lights at DX (too long, too high current draw, etc), just buy an iTP A3 Eos instead. The AA lights on DX are a bit better.

Vikas Sontakke

Enlightened
Do you have Quark Mini? If so, can you run the experiment to find the tailcap current for 1 NiMh vs 2 NiMh? That will tell you if it is current regulated or not. An external forum (budget flashlight forum; not the CPF subforum with the similar name) had posted the runtime graph of F23 and it was remarkably flat.

F23 uses PWM for low mode but is current regulated in both modes.

I have heard reports of Quark Mini buzzing too.

- Vikas

kwalker

Newly Enlightened
I just got a UniqueFire S10 and a Akoray 106 5 mode and between the two, I like the UniqueFire best. The Akoray worked on a 1.5 AA the first time, but after tried a 14500, it no longer works on a 1.5v. So now the Akoray can only use the 14500, but the output is great.
Now the Unique Fire S10 works well with either 1.5v or 14500 3.7v. The Unique Fire is a no frills single mode and has great output on a 1.5v but the 14500 3.7v is stupendous. The versitility of battery compatibility is handy - I only wish the build quality was a little more refined on the UniqueFire.

LEDninja

Flashlight Enthusiast
Lgo,
can you confirm your Tank007 E07 is the AA version (NOT AAA) sku.24125. There seems to be some confusion among the replies whether it is an AA or AAA light.

Clicky switches add 1/4"+ to the length of an AA light. Either put up with the longer length or go AAA.

EDIT
The Zebralight SC50 & SC50w have the switch tucked into the head. 3.15" long vs 3.31" For the Tank007 E07.

Last edited:

lightseeker2009

Enlightened
I just got my S10 from DX and must say that I'm extremely disapointed. It is suposed to be a 220 lumen light. I wonder if its 30 lumen when I compare it to my Led Lenser P5 which is 90.5 lumens. I must say the 14500's are still in the post, that may change the situation, but for now, if I'm not doing something wrong, mine has a weak beam. I tested it by keeping it on for a while. At around 8 minutes it starts to flicker and turns off:candle: I hope it will work better with the 14500's.