• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired FS: Rare McGizmo AlTiN S27-C....WITHDRAWN

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi Guys...

I`m in both a "Let`s Clean House" mode and a "Time to Transfer the Custody of Safe Queens" mode, so I plan on opening a few sale threads for *a bunch* of my flashlights. This thread is the second such sale, and is part of the "Time to Transfer the Custody of Safe Queens" effort.

For sale a rare McGizmo S27-C, with an AlTiN coating, that is best described by Don in this McGizmo thread:

http://candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=150568

The light that I have for sale is pictured here:

The light is in excellent shape, and has never been carried. It`s been in my gun safe since I bought it, with only occaisional handling and testing. I`ve been using an AW rechargeable 123 battery in it with no problems. (I`m cautious on battery usage, so in the past I must have researched the type of batteries that this light can take and learned that such a rechargeable is OK.) The light is a two-speed Seoul P4 LED, and has a beautiful and bright beam.

As perhaps you can see in the pictures, it`s pretty much mint, except for a few "rub" marks from the handling and 1 or 2 pinpricks on the sharp edges of the head. You have to look carefully to see any of these minor imperfections, for they are totally unnoticable to the casual observer. (I`m just mentioning them for full disclosure.) I`d rate the light at about 98-99% mint.

The price: $675.00 USD

I`ll cover shipping CONUS via USPS Priority Mail, with tracking. If insurance is requested, that will be extra at the actual cost of the same. Per usual, all risks of shipping are with the buyer once I put that package into the hands of the USPS.

International and/or Non-CONUS buyers are welcome, provided that you cover all shipping costs in excess of the CONUS shipping costs that would otherwise be incurred. And again, all risks of shipping and delivery are with the buyer once the package is mailed.

The first person to post an "I`ll take it", or a reasonable variation of the same, in this thread will be the buyer. (Asking a question won`t create a placeholder for you.) I can accept both cash-funded and CC-funded Paypal (but no E-Checks, please). I`ll eat the PP fees. Once a buyer posts in this thread, we can exchange PM`s or emails to sort out the shipping and payment logistics.

Thanks for looking!

:)

Last edited:

souptree

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: Rare McGizmo AlTiN S27-C

Very nice. Great price, too. Someone is going to score!! :thumbsup:

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: Rare McGizmo AlTiN S27-C....Reduced

Another price reduction.

Last edited:

StrayLight

Enlightened
Re: FS: Rare McGizmo AlTiN S27-C....Reduced Again...and Again!

...The light is a one speed Seoul P4 LED...

Unless this S27 head is a radical departure from McGizmo's McLuxIII design, it should have two levels. You'll have to twist the head to select high or low, and the McClicky switch will give you momentary on or latched on for either level.

Nice looking light.

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast

Unless this S27 head is a radical departure from McGizmo's McLuxIII design, it should have two levels. You'll have to twist the head to select high or low, and the McClicky switch will give you momentary on or latched on for either level.

Nice looking light.

:ohgeez::thinking: :shakehead

StrayLight...
StrayLight...
StrayLight...!
Thank you for your post!

I`ve always wondered why this light was a one-speed...when its few-in-number siblings were born with two speeds.

But on perhaps the eve of letting this great light go, I now finally know...IT IS INDEED a two-speed gem! (Sometimes I`m truly too stupid to live, and this is certainly one of those occaisions.)

I`m about to withdraw this light, for despite my efforts to sell it, my feelings of Seller`s remorse have been incessantly ramping up. If I do end up keeping it, not only will I be saved from myself, but I`ll immediately make it a part of my EDC.

Two speeds....

WOW! :party: :D

Last edited:

StrayLight

Enlightened

Glad to help.

I could make a joke about losing your marbles, but I'll just wish you luck with whatever you decide to do with that rare light.

I would hope it doesn't need mentioning, but this is a titanium light, people. With a super hard coating. And a beautiful beam, with by far the best throw of any McGizmo.

fyrstormer

Banned

That it has, definitely. I had an S27 for a while, but I opted to keep my PD-S instead.

That being said, if I didn't have a PD-S, this would be quite a catch. :poke: It's basically the same thing, just with a larger reflector. And the larger reflector isn't really a problem for carrying it in your pocket, based on my experience.

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast

I originally posted here this morning that I was withdrawing this light. For now, though, I`ll still offer it for sale with another price reduction.

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:

Carpe Diem

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: FS: Rare McGizmo AlTiN S27-C.... Final reduction: $500.00

Final reduction

Last edited:

Barbarian

Enlightened
Re: FS: Rare McGizmo AlTiN S27-C.... Final reduction: $500.00

I'm shocked this one is still available.

EEG

Newly Enlightened

And the larger reflector isn't really a problem for carrying it in your pocket, based on my experience.

What are the approximate dimensions of this light. I'm pretty used to my 1" diameter lights up to say 3.5" long but would like to know just how much longer and how much larger the head on this one is.

Thanks for any info.