JB experts -RRT0, RRT2, JET3M?

pm91

Newly Enlightened
I've been to JetBeam's website as well as some JB retailer sites and I am having a very difficult time determing any siginicant differences between the RRT0, RRT2, and JET3M. I know there are some battery differences and some length differences, but that is about all I can see. One has some sort strobe thing going on. Am I looking in the wrong place or looking for the wrong thing or what? I kind of like the RRT0 because it can use AA if necessary. 18650's and all that stuff I think are rechargeables. I also like the JET3M. IF I was to narrow it down, I guess I'd choose between the RRT0 and the JET3M.
If anyone could help with anything, I'd really appreciate it.

Thanks,
p

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
lol, i see you're getting into the spirit of flashaholic-ism, first the NDI now lookin at Jetbeams eh? Also, there is another model you left out, the RRT-1 (which is more a thrower light than the RRT-2)

the RRT-0 is smaller than the RRT-2. Both of these lights utilise a control ring which allows you to choose between a few fixed output levels.

The Jet III M has basically 2 modes, max when the head is tightened, loosen it for the 2nd mode which is programmable using Jetbeam's IBS (Infinite Brightness Setting) user interface.

A more general use light would be the Jetbeam Jet III Pro ST (Broad Voltage), it has 3 individually programmable modes and is very handy and pocketable. The BVC means that the light can run on either 1x18650 (3.7v) cell or 2xCR123(6v)/RCR123s(7.4v).

You're right, 18650s and RCR123s are rechargeable cells, a lot of CPF-ers use 18650 cells as they have a very decent runtime and convenience of using 1 cell instead of stacking 2.

AW (can be found on dealer's corner at CPF marketplace) sells the cells and chargers too.

I own the Jet III Pro ST but none of the others. I also own the M1X, the interface is the same as the Jet III M which is pretty useful if you only need 2 modes and ready access to max.

It boils down again to what you need the light to do, i like my Jet III Pro ST as i can program it according to what i want. Sometimes i want the first click to give me max, other times, i want it to come on in minimum, and then again sometimes i need it to come on in strobe first etc etc etc. That is the advantage that the Jet III has, 3 modes, individually programmable.

Happy hunting (again) :D

Oh, and i may just say, good calls on getting quality lights instead of going the route i went, getting cheaper lights first and getting frustrated.

mvyrmnd

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have a Jet III-M. I don't have any of the RRT's.

Generally I find that the two-mode system is great. It's very easy to set the programmable mode to minimum quickly (just loosen the head, flash the forward clicky 3 times quickly and wait for 2 seconds), for when it's on the bedside table. As I put it in my pocket in the morning, I set the programmable mode to about 30% (flash the clicky 3 times, hold on the 3rd time and let go once it's as bright as you want it)

If you get the III-M, my recommendation is to get the OP reflector. The SMO makes the beam all ringy, and you don't really lose much with the OP.

It's very useful being able to whack 2 CR123's in there as a backup to using an 18650.

All I want now is to be able to run 2x18650's in it. I wonder if there's an extension tube...

Cman219

Newly Enlightened
I have an RRT-0, very nice light imo. The control ring is so convenient and just plain cool. On top of that it puts out almost as much light as a 2xAA light, with more throw to boot.

hyperloop

Flashlight Enthusiast
Only extension tube that i have seen is for the RRT-0 and the M1X. Would be cool to have a Jet III M on 2x18650s for longer runtime. I did that with my Solarforce L2, it now runs on 2x18650s and i'v swapped in an incand drop in (LF HO-9).