O-rings, and customising your lights

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I recently bought some Danco O-rings to "fill" in the body cut outs in my Twin-Task SL lights. I was so pleased, that I went back to the plumbing section of Lowes, bought a bunch of kits; a lot of O-rings for about $ 15.

My PT surge now wears huge O-rings exactly where I ( meaning ME) want them; they place my hand exactly where I want them in relation to whatever switch/clickie I'm dealing with.

I now have a very CHEAP, and variable method of creating a custom feel, and absolutely personal, mod, to all my lights.

My PT Surge has some enormous O-rings installed, both to increase grip on the light, but to "tell" me where my hand is in relation to the switch. My Ultrastinger has some to tell me where my hand is in relation to the lonnnggg, and bland external feel of the light. The GO button, which was, before, a hunt in the dark, now is very intutitive, and positive.

I now KNOW where the controls are, on all of them, by feel, and I can do it to suit myself, without consulting SF, or SL, or whoever.

I even have them on my ARC, and CMG Ultras.

Please yourself for less than the cost of a decent bulb assembly for a SF 2L.

LightChucker

Enlightened
Sounds cool, JohnK.

I have done that to a lesser degree than you described.

I'm sure you have already considered this, but for those who may not have: I will not put an O-ring anywhere on the bezel, because that would interfere with the cooling of that area. For example, I read a post where someone filled in the grooves of a McLux with O-rings - not recommended. The grooves are there by design to expose more surface to the air, and thus increase cooling.

Chuck