LensLight new (proto) website and show your lights

loszabo

Enlightened
Hi LensLight fans,

here's a quick peak at the new website from LensLight, which I'm not associated with in any ways -- except as a big fan:

http://lens-light.com/store/pages.php?pageid=5

So, who has one of those fantastic lights?

4205316731_b5a9336fa8.jpg

Last edited:

loszabo

Enlightened
For those following my comments on the SureFire 2010 thread: I'm not insane, but the LensLight Mod 03 is simply the perfect AA flashlight for me -- the one and only.

Also, I only use Lithium AA or Eneloops with it:

4192442367_a36177bfa8.jpg

Locoboy5150

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, is that the most expensive 2 AA light currently available at $185 retail? I'd *love* to be able to even consider such an expensive 2 AA light.

loszabo

Enlightened
Wow, is that the most expensive 2 AA light currently available at $185 retail? I'd *love* to be able to even consider such an expensive 2 AA light.

That's what you pay for quality! I consider a LensLight to be on the same level as a McGizmo (except the Ti.) :twothumbs

BTW: they are selling some left-over samples from SHOT on another forum... :naughty:

MWClint

Enlightened
What specifically does it have that normal priced lights lack?

It has an adjustable aspheric lens(excellent thrower) and it's made by a custom cnc machine shop in the usa. Some of the cr123 lenslights even sported a sandwich shoppe gdup 3 level driver. The HA 2 tone colors they offer are also beautiful. I have only seen 1 of each style lenslight for sale on the secondary market..which means the people who
have them are holding onto them.

Last edited:

loszabo

Enlightened
It has an adjustable aspheric lens(excellent thrower) and it's made by a custom cnc machine shop in the usa. Some of the cr123 lenslights even sported a sandwich shoppe gdup 3 level driver. The HA 2 tone colors they offer are also beautiful. I have only seen 1 of each style lenslight for sale on the secondary market..which means the people who
have them are holding onto them.

:twothumbs

I would sell all my flashlights but my LensLight (and my McGizmo.)

leukos

Flashlight Enthusiast
Cool, looks like I can order a mini. I hesitate though because of all the folks that paid and never got their lights.

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast
lenslights.jpg

Top: prototype LensLight Mini w/XR-E R2 & GDuP
Bottom: overhauled LensLight w/K2 TFFC

I think the number that have shown up for sale here secondhand is telling. I've seen one or two of the prototype Mini's for sale, only one of the overhauled 2AA's, and have never seen one of the originals. There's probably not that many of them out there, but I'd still expect to see one for sale occasionally.

There are other lights out there with similar focusing mechanisms (LEDLensers, KD/DX knockoffs, etc.), but they're nowhere near the quality of the LensLights.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
Did this brand, or the designer, have some previous models under a different name? It looks very familiar to some lights I remember from a few years back. They may have been named for the designer (Chapman).

Geoff

loszabo

Enlightened
Did this brand, or the designer, have some previous models under a different name? It looks very familiar to some lights I remember from a few years back. They may have been named for the designer (Chapman).

Geoff

The head says "Chapman/Leonard Ent. USA" and also includes the "LensLight" logo but I've seen LensLight (and Lens-Light) as the most used name...

heckboy

Enlightened
That is a great looking AA light. I considered ordering one in the last go-round but decided to wait for a used one to come up on MP...haven't seen one.

Has anyone ordered one recently? I remember they were having some delivery problems with the first round of these.

Later,
HB

gswitter

Flashlight Enthusiast
The page for the original model is still up on the Chapman/Leonard site.

Search turned up a few reviews of the original model here, and Quickbeam reviewed it on Flashlight Reviews as well.

B@rt

Flashaholic
My Mini just arrived at a friend's place and he sent me these pics of the lens itself. They show a bubble/hole in the middle, is this normal or is it a flawed lens? The emitter also seems to be off center a little.
Any info is appreciated. :)
lenslight2.jpg

lenslight3.jpg

Larger pic with beamshots here.

Flying Turtle

Flashaholic
That Mini looks like a very serious light. Sorry yours has a funny lens, Bart. Hope that gets cleared up fast. I'll be interested in reading your impressions about the light.

Geoff

netprince

Enlightened
The bubble is not normal. I have noticed small imperfections in my lenslight lens though. They are hard to see, nothing like that...