Get a Jet III-M or wait?

gmf2010

Newly Enlightened
After purchasing a Nitecore NDI, I have come to the realization that I highly prefer a 2 mode UI (tighten for tactical, loosen for user defined).

That being said, I have sold my OLight M20 and intend to purchase a replacement x2 CR123 light with a more favorable UI.

My question is, should I hold off on buying the Jet now that the XP-G emitters are showing up in more and more lights?

I know the XR-E version is just fine, but I'd hate to buy one just to have a revised version released next week.

The NDI is fulfilling most of my needs, so if waiting is the recommended course of action, so be it =)

Thanks for your help.

Cheers.

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
i have almost the same dilemma. i have an olight M20 R2, but have been eyeing the Jet lll M for awhile now. even considered trying to sell the m20 to make way for the jetbeam.

it seems the M20 is a better performer, so thats keeped me from buying the jet lll m. but ive found a great reason to pick up a jet lll m, im gonna buy the warm tint version, since the only warm tint light i have is my zebralight h501w. :twothumbs

anybody know if the warm tint (Q3) version comes in grey? although i am fond of the green. i just want to know my optionslovecpf
ive also considered waiting to see if jetbeam will release another version of the M. but i just cant wait anymore. and its been less than a week since getting my RRT-0. i have very quickly become very fond of jetbeam.:crazy:

kccustom

Newly Enlightened
They dont last a day on the market place, get one and sell it if you dont like it.

BTW I love mine with the warm tint.

pm91

Newly Enlightened
I just ordered a Jet 3M (R2). I'm sure as soon as *I* buy one, the XP-G will come out...so, just wait until I mine arrives on Tuesday.

JKPinPDX

Newly Enlightened
I just ordered mine from bugoutgearusa.com. He was out of the GREY so I am waiting for a new batch of those to come in... maybe I will be lucky (since I waited for his new shipment to come) and get a 2010 model??? I dont know of any changes, but if they ARE the 2010 model (BTW: does anyone know?)

I got a few Fenix lights in my collection that are fantastic, I am now starting my Jetbeam collection with this model! ...this light thing... its a sickness we all have here at CPF! Glad to be amongst the ill! :crackup:

Last edited:

gmf2010

Newly Enlightened
I just gave in and bought one from Bug Out Gear... I knew I wouldn't be able to hold out. The deal was just too sweet with the 20% off coupon.

OfficerCamp

Enlightened
The Millitary III is a great light, regardless of the emitter. When you get it, take a look at the lens alone, that thing is at least 3/16" thick, very high quality for the $.

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just gave in and bought one from Bug Out Gear... I knew I wouldn't be able to hold out. The deal was just too sweet with the 20% off coupon.

i noticed the 20% off too! if im not careful ill end up ordering a few more lights from flavio.

i emailed him asking if he has any warm tint versions in stock(cause im too impatient to wait for a shipment). he still hasnt replied, but it is the weekend now. hopefully he'll reply by monday morning, if not, im giving him a call. did i mention i cant wait any longer.

JKPinPDX

Newly Enlightened
I just gave in and bought one from Bug Out Gear...

Which color/Emitter did you get? I am still waiting for mine from them...

Looks like we are BOTH gonna enjoy our lights... (just as soon as we get them, when is your supposed to arrive, no word on mine yet.) I got the Grey/R2. :thumbsup:

Liteskr42

Newly Enlightened
Its more than just ouput with this light. I am really impressed with JBs overall quality. Check out the machining of the threads, the HA,SS rings at BOTH ends. Take it apart and feel those threads, how smooooth they are!! I have sold mine and then had remorse and got another one back!!!

Ya know, if you keep waiting for the next latest and greatest thing to come out you will never be happy. The minute you decide and buy something else is gonna come out within a cpl weeks . It's inevitable.

gmf2010

Newly Enlightened
Which color/Emitter did you get? I am still waiting for mine from them...

Looks like we are BOTH gonna enjoy our lights... (just as soon as we get them, when is your supposed to arrive, no word on mine yet.) I got the Grey/R2. :thumbsup:

I also got the Gray/R2. I really hope it goes out today =) I ordered it on Sunday.

gbelleh

Newly Enlightened
I really like Jetbeams. And I also can't resist Jetbeams at 20% off. I recently bought a Jet III M (green, warm tint), RRT-1 and RRT-0 from bugoutgear.

The Military is a very nice light. At first I was kind of disappointed in the green finish. I thought it was pretty ugly, but once I saw the beam I didn't care. The warm tint is the best I've seen yet. It looks like a beam of sunshine.

I've been amazed at Jetbeam's quality.

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
I really like Jetbeams. And I also can't resist Jetbeams at 20% off. I recently bought a Jet III M (green, warm tint), RRT-1 and RRT-0 from bugoutgear.

The Military is a very nice light. At first I was kind of disappointed in the green finish. I thought it was pretty ugly, but once I saw the beam I didn't care. The warm tint is the best I've seen yet. It looks like a beam of sunshine.

I've been amazed at Jetbeam's quality.

i got a respond from BOG and they told me the warm tint is out of stock and jetbeam is closed or closing up until after new years. so ill be awhile before more are in stock.

JKPinPDX

Newly Enlightened
I just got an email from Bugoutgearusa.com and they said...

THEY WILL BE BACK "IN-STOCK" THIS FRIDAY!!!

Oh ya.. bring on the night!
:rock:

skyfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just got an email from Bugoutgearusa.com and they said...

THEY WILL BE BACK "IN-STOCK" THIS FRIDAY!!!

Oh ya.. bring on the night!
:rock:

R2 but no Q3:(

i also asked about there M1X and they will be getting more of those on friday as well. i know the M1x was yesterdays news, because of the M2S. but i still like it, something about that quad-emitter that makes my giddy. ive actually convinced a friend to buy a M1X:D. and with 20% off i might just get one too. but i just ordered a jet lll M warm tint a few hours ago, and will wait on it first.