Question on the 4 sevens preon II

batman

Enlightened
Q.1) -So Does anyone think it would hurt to use a strip of tape around the batteries in the preon II to stop the battery rattle? (worked fine on my old minimag aaa).
Q.2) -So I'm in the bathroom at the olive garden and look down to see my preon II was ON in my POCKET,..how embarrasing. Don't know how long it was on,(maybe an hour or 2)..or what setting, ..but it was very hot so I of course turned it off imediately. Anyone think there's a possibility the preon II emitter would be damaged from thermal issues from doing that?(i have no idea how hard the emitter is being driven but i know heat is every LEDs nightare). From now on ppl please unscrew your bezel on this light to lock it out.
thx 4 the cpf gurus!
-Bat
PS. a 3rd question:) IS it ok to use Energizer lithium primary AAAs from wally mart?

Last edited:

batman

Enlightened
And that's a good thing. I like the straight forward information. 1s and 0s is really what's it's all about when you get right down to it. I've sold all but 2 of my surefires now and just use the preon II. And i'm happy with it.

carrot

Flashaholic
I wouldn't sell off all my lights just for the Preon 2 but the Preon fills a LOT of niches well. I'm also not a huge fan of the AAA battery but the Preon makes excellent use of them.