Jag lite: is this a luxeon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
While catching up on all the catalogs that piled up on the doorstop while I was away last week I found an interesting light in a catalog from a company called http://www.shoplifestyle.com/

try:

http://www.shoplifestyle.com/store/product.asp?dept%5Fid=0&pf%5Fid=4161&mscssid=GPRLVF3AUQTU9L4NUSMRJRHNQ3FGAG12

if that doesn't work due to a cart ID or something just search for the "jag lite"

it takes 3 AAA batts, but looks like it keeps them all parallel (physically, not electrically;) and sure looks like a luxeon in the picts. "outshines 10 LEDs" also sounds like a luxeon.

But what on earth does "The secret is in the revolutionary collimator lens, InGon semiconductor flip chip and Silicon sub-mount chip." mean? Sounds like the marketing department is getting a joke played on them by the engineers...

The $49.95 sale price will keep me away from it for a while, but they do have lots of other interesting lights and even sell a real 'kegelcisor' which looks like a certain other unnamed flashlight much talked about here;)

-James

James S

Flashlight Enthusiast
you know whats funny is that I specifically remember reading that other post, but I remembered that light as being blue and smooth and not very rugged looking. They have improved the look of it by being black with a knurled finish on it. But it does indeed look like the same light.

I wonder if the new outsides bring with them improved insides. Anyway, I'll save my money...

Thanks,
James

Roy

Farewell our Curmudgeon Administrator
Read on down to the end of the review posting. Craig got one for review and his had an ok beam.

I do think that $50.00 is too much money.

Status
Not open for further replies.