Some CNC canisters and heads pictures

Packhorse

Flashlight Enthusiast
Looking good.

Why is the lid of the cannister so tall?
Is it due to the switch?
Whats the internal diameter of the can and depth?
What battery packs will fit?

You may want to look at putting some protection around those hose clamps. Sharp stainless steel and water logged skin is a bad mix.

Last edited:

Packhorse

Flashlight Enthusiast
As for loading pics on the Photobucket page there is a box with "Share this image" click on the text next to "IMG code" This will copy the text to your clip board.
Then simple paste in the message box when writing your post.
IMG_1399.jpg

350xfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
Pack:
The switch I use is about 1" tall. Also, I house the driver in the lid. I use a fully potted driver with no need for heat sinking. Additional space may also allow for a ballast for HID. I have found a much smaller driver that is fully potted that will allow me to shave about 1" from the lid and overall length.
Overall dimensions- about 9.5" tall by 2.4x OD by 1.95 ID. Battery depth about 6.75"... Pretty much the same ID/OD as a Slim Line canister by DR. It is a few inches longer.

As to exact battery packs, you can fit up to 8 18650 in 4 on 4 config. I get the Cree MCEs in series and use a 14.8 3600-5200mah pack.

I have sold 3 of these lights and they have run for 4 over hours without problems.

Thanks for the Photobucket advice!!! I will use that from now on. I will also make my pics smaller!

DaYerk

Newly Enlightened
Nice can, I think it`s good for cold water diving to place the driver into the can. The batteries will be more efficient.

How is the Frean reflector working with the MC-E? Do you have any beamshots from under water?

By the way, IrfanView is a nice freware tool to manage your pictures. The "save for web" plugin simply reduces your picture above to 81Kb.

http://www.irfanview.net/

350xfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice can, I think it`s good for cold water diving to place the driver into the can. The batteries will be more efficient.

How is the Frean reflector working with the MC-E? Do you have any beamshots from under water?

By the way, IrfanView is a nice freware tool to manage your pictures. The "save for web" plugin simply reduces your picture above to 81Kb.

http://www.irfanview.net/

Thanks.
The Fraen works great with Cree MCE. I still have not gotten to dive one of my lighs yet. The guys at cavediver.net have posted some great reviews, though.

And, here you go Pack... Thanks for the lesson!
http://i535.photobucket.com/albums/ee355/350xfire/CNC%20Heads%20and%20Cans/IMG_1397.jpg

Last edited:

Packhorse

Flashlight Enthusiast
LOL thats not it!.
basicly the url for the pic needs to go inside the tags.
try clicking on the [IMG]http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/images/editor/insertimage.gif then pasting the url into the text box.
The way I said above on the photobucket site puts the tags around the url automatically.
If you dont put the [img] tags then the forum treats it like a link which is what happened to your above post.

350xfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
LOL thats not it!.
basicly the url for the pic needs to go inside the tags.
try clicking on the [IMG]http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/images/editor/insertimage.gif then pasting the url into the text box.
The way I said above on the photobucket site puts the tags around the url automatically.
If you dont put the [img] tags then the forum treats it like a link which is what happened to your above post.[/QUOTE]

Damn, I figured you would say that! Thanks again.. Here I go.

[IMG]http://i535.photobucket.com/albums/ee355/350xfire/CNC%20Heads%20and%20Cans/IMG_1396.jpg

Last edited:

350xfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!! It worked!
Thanks Pack!

Packhorse

Flashlight Enthusiast
I knew you would get it eventually.
Now, can you make a link when you click on the pic that takes you to the album? :poke:

350xfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
I knew you would get it eventually.
Now, can you make a link when you click on the pic that takes you to the album? :poke:

Easy now! We have to take it one slow step at a time here. LOL
Thanks for the help. Now, lets begin lesson 2.

OS74

Newly Enlightened
Nice looking. I've seen your thread on cavediver.net too. Do you have a current price list with all options?

Cheers

350xfire

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice looking. I've seen your thread on cavediver.net too. Do you have a current price list with all options?

Cheers

I still have a couple of the manually spun units that will be powder coated for $450 (P7) and $550 (MCE). White canisters (2) is all I have left for that price.

As for the new CNC machined ones, the P7's will go for $550 and the Cree MCE $600.

The increase in price covers the cost of the CNC and the anodizing. I am also outsourcing the batteries to a place that specializes in batteries. Before I would order them from China and have a hobby shop assemble them. The Chinese batteries are all over the place as far as capacity. So this will be a nice addition. The new CNC units will be black can and heads. For now, prices include shipping and PayPal fees.

Oh, BTW, I recently had a guy dive one of my lights against Light Monkey's 10W LED and he said they were similar. He said the LM was a bit bluer above water, but once in the water the difference was not noticeable.
Thanks
Hector

Last edited: