Got my "factory second" today, guess which one?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ErikNYC

Newly Enlightened
Got my \"factory second\" today, guess which one?

LSH-P!! and I'm VERY impressed with this little light. After shining it on the floor a few seconds I made the mistake of looking at the lens and clicking it on.. Damm this thing is bright.

I was thinking that I would have been happy with pretty much anything out of the "grab bag" for $50 bucks but I'm very pleased that my luck sent me my first choice in what I would have bought in the first place.

Honestly I really cant see why this would be considered a "factory second" There are a few tiny chips near the lens and on the body and the tailcap has a duller finish than the head but thats all. I love it!

The etching on the head reads "LSH P - 950" so I take it the 950 is the serial number? Anyway to find out what "bin code" or whatever on the LED? It produces a very bright and slightly blue (HID like) beam. Since this is my first "real" led light I dont have much to compare it with. Just wondering I guess.

I can see already that this is not going to be my last ARC. Im already thinking of getting a AAA now /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
Re: Got my

A "AAA"? You mean only one? /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif You'll need a few extras of each, minimum, to stash in various places around the house, your spare pants pocket, your duffel bag etc. Oh you'll also need a few Arc LS's too. Welcome to the madness. It gets a lot better from here.

Rothrandir

Flashaholic

i'm sure if you give peter an email, he would be willing to replace it with a more defective unit /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif

i'm very glad you're happy with the light! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

zorba

Enlightened

How can you order the factory seconds?

edit...
Dont answer this. I already found out and ordered me a couple.

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast

the rank is probably an x4x rank, meaning it has a slightly blue-tinted beam. i very much prefer this to the x3x luxeons /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

the non-factory second arc LS's do have variations in the reflectivity of the HA parts as well though. seems like the head is usually shinier than the tailcap. i got lucky, and both the head and tailcap on my arc LS have the same reflectivity.

Status
Not open for further replies.