Why was this Fenix TK11R2 so cheap for me?

Advil

Newly Enlightened
Hey guys. I've been lurking for quite some time and finally bought my first light. I googled around for the best deal on a Fenix TK11 R2 and found a link at Amazon for $54 and free shipping. This was by far the cheapest I found it so I ordered it since they noted that there was only 1 left in stock.

My question is... Did I just get lucky or did I do something wrong here? It seemed a little too good to be true as I'm a college student and funds are tight.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B001NWSQ3M/?tag=cpf0b6-20

I felt reassured when I saw the the "Item Model Number" said TK11R2. This way I know it's the newer unit and not the regular tk11.

also while on the subject. I was going to buy two of these and this charger from lighthound as I read in some threads that it was a good combo. is this correct?

Thanks much, you've all been a great help and you didn't even know it.

Last edited:

generallobster

Newly Enlightened
Re: Why this Fenix TK11R2 so cheap for me?

That's just a good price on amazon, it's been that low for a couple weeks now. It may jump back up ten dollars or go down a couple bucks, who knows why amazon decides to change their prices constantly. It's pretty annoying actually because they stopped matching their own price if you bought it from them and the price dropped the next day or week. And yes it is a genuine tk11 R2. I ordered one too.

wingnut86

Banned

I hear AW's Li-ion cells are pretty good too. Before ordering those cells though, I would make sure the flat top's will work in your light. Since I don't own a TK11, I would be of no help. I know my TK20 wont accept flat top cells because it has physical reverse polarity protection (who makes flat top AA's anyways??).

magnum711

Newly Enlightened

You got the same deal that I did. It's the TK11 R2. And it is the best price going (right now).

jerseylight

Newly Enlightened

I bought that same exact light last week, and it should be here tomorrow. I also bought two Ultrafire 3000 mah 18650 batteries and a WF-139 charger from batteryjunction. I think this should be a good combo, but we'll see.

uknewbie

Banned

Hope you guys in the USA appreciate how cheap you get things over there!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B002YLTQ8A/

Your $54 is £34, price above is £79.99. I Bought mine from The Photon Shop, and it cost me £65.95!

:scowl:

:huh:

:broke:

Henk_Lu

Flashlight Enthusiast

I hear AW's Li-ion cells are pretty good too. Before ordering those cells though, I would make sure the flat top's will work in your light. Since I don't own a TK11, I would be of no help. I know my TK20 wont accept flat top cells because it has physical reverse polarity protection (who makes flat top AA's anyways??).

I have an AW 18650-2600 in my TK11-R2 and it works. You can never be sure they all work though, some lights are designed to work with flat tops, for others it depends on manufacturing tolerances whether they have contact or not. I would stay away from magnetic spacers!

I use AW only, most CPFer recommend them as they are reliable and secure. If you need a button top, you must order the 18650-2200.

Advil

Newly Enlightened

do the AW 18650s come charged fully already? and does that charger charge one battery at a time or do i need 2 in there for it to work? and these always work in the tk11 right? not only certain ones?

i was going to go to walgreens and get some energizer cr123s for now until i figure things out with the battery. i was going to get like 10-20 cr123s for my BOB anyway

jerseylight

Newly Enlightened

Since I have the charger that your speaking of, no you don't need to charge two at once. You can charge only one, or you can charge two at the same time even if they are at different charge levels since the compartments are independent. I cannot speak on behalf of the AW 18650s because I do not have any. The reason I bought 18650s instead of using primary 123s is that they last almost twice as long on turbo mode.

Eldendor

Newly Enlightened

Argh... Amazon is offering me a goldbox offer on it for $51.30. I really can't spend money on it right now though. Why must I be tormented?

wingnut86

Banned

i was going to go to walgreens and get some energizer cr123s for now until i figure things out with the battery. i was going to get like 10-20 cr123s for my BOB anyway

That will be pricey! Do you have a local sport shop around? Like a gun shop. Many deal Surefire products, and sell the cr123a cells at a descent price, probably $30 for 12, which is about what SF brand cells would cost online once shipping is included...

Advil

Newly Enlightened

I just bought 2 123 energizers at walgreens for 19 bucks... Wow.

I'm placing an order with Lighthound today. Does this look good or what? Also are these the "fauxton" lights that people have been raving about? The threads about it are old so I dont know.

cnso.png

tsmccull

Newly Enlightened
The Fenix TK30 is on Amazon today for $114.97 with free shipping. Not too bad.

jerseylight

Newly Enlightened
Looks like a nice setup (I wish i thought of the copper ring before I made my lighthound order recently). Just so you know, the website says they give you a keychain flashlight free with an order over 20 dollars.

Advil

Newly Enlightened
yeah i'm hoping they still include a free one even though i got two. i'm planning on leaving one in the car, having one on my keychain and giving one to my brother.

jerseylight

Newly Enlightened
The copper ring is used in place of the anti-roll piece towards the tail of the light. It screws on to cover up the threads, so they don't get damaged I guess. I just got my tk11 r2 yesterday and so far it's sweet. The only thing I don't like is the on/off button because it feels kinda cheap.

Natedog100

Newly Enlightened
The copper ring is used in place of the anti-roll piece towards the tail of the light. It screws on to cover up the threads, so they don't get damaged I guess. I just got my tk11 r2 yesterday and so far it's sweet. The only thing I don't like is the on/off button because it feels kinda cheap.

Thanks! I just ordered on of these too! Wife will not be too pleased as my nightstand is filling up with lights pretty quickly, especially since joining this forum!

jimbo231

Enlightened
Do these tk11 r2's from amazon have the premium cree r2 writing on the head? Doesn't matter now they don't ship flashlights to Canada.:mecry::mad: I guess it's back to the eagletac T100C2 mark II

Last edited: