Dereelight DBS v2 Problem

dhouseng

Newly Enlightened
hi.. theres my problem, the dbs lights up when i tighten up everything regardless of the switch being on or off.

what could be the problem? i have no experience in such problem. can anyone help? thanks

Wiggle

Flashlight Enthusiast
Switch could be broken. Can you test continuity (with a multimeter) between the spring and the outer metal perimeter of the switch with the switch in both positions?

recDNA

Flashaholic
I had the same problem with my Javelin. I found the oring had slipped out of position. I actually replaced it with one of the thicker orings that came with it and that solved the problem. I had problems changing modes (took 2 or 3 presses to change modes) with the switch but they sent me a new switch right away. I haven't installed the new switch yet though. I'm told Dereelight will be changing the tailcaps in a few weeks/months to prevent these problems.

FlashCrazy

Flashlight Enthusiast
hi.. theres my problem, the dbs lights up when i tighten up everything regardless of the switch being on or off.

what could be the problem? i have no experience in such problem. can anyone help? thanks

Sounds like the switch has failed internally. When this happens, releasing pressure on the switch will often get it to work (i.e., unscrewing the switch by a 1/4 turn in the tailcap. Are you in the U.S.? If so, I'll send out a replacement switch right away.

FlashCrazy

Flashlight Enthusiast
I had the same problem with my Javelin. I found the oring had slipped out of position. I actually replaced it with one of the thicker orings that came with it and that solved the problem. I had problems changing modes (took 2 or 3 presses to change modes) with the switch but they sent me a new switch right away. I haven't installed the new switch yet though. I'm told Dereelight will be changing the tailcaps in a few weeks/months to prevent these problems.

The new tailcaps/switches coming out (acutally the same switch, just different tailcap) are for people who want a protruding tailcap button to make it easier to actuate. The current tailstanding tailcap will still be standard, but the tactical tailcap will be a new option. :)

jblackwood

Enlightened
I'm glad Dereelight is leaving the tailstanding as standard. Though all my DBS tailcaps are tactical! It's just my Javelin and C2H that tailstand all that well . . . I guess the DBS would be a little top-heavy for it, though. Heck, if my DEFT tailstands, I think my DBS should too! :laughing::crackup::poke::grin2:

On a serious note, one of my DBSs also has a slightly "off" switch. It behaves in an opposite manner than the OP's, though. It doesn't switch on unless I loosen the retaining ring ever so slightly. It doesn't make the switch any looser feeling or affect water tightness (there's that inner retaining ring for that) so no harm or foul.