WHich light should I opt for, advice

rolexconfuse

Newly Enlightened
I have an Olight T20, I like it but I'm looking for something that's brighter but with the same throw distance as the Olight. (brighter meaning, output that you can see it perceptually and measurable) And the same portability as the Olight.

I'm thinking either surefire LX2, Olight M21, and the EagleTac MKII (XPG), but i'm not sure.

stallion2

Enlightened
it sounds like people are loving the new Eagletac's w/ the XP-G...have been debating whether not to get one myself. apparently the M21 is not a thrower...i've talked w/ a couple people who say it doesn't even outhrow the Olight's M30 which is one of my favorites. i backed away from buying the M21 specifically for this reason because at the time i was looking for another thrower and was anticipating the M21 might be it. may still get it at a later date...it sounds like it would make a great all-around light. the LX2 is amazing...easily the best tactical size light i have. it easily outperforms my Malkoff's as well. never intended to EDC it but have been doing just that ever since i got it. if your considering that then you might also like the E2DL. same lamp, same high output but in a different package. the Quark Turbos are awesome as well...it's probably every bit as bright as the LX2 but the hot spot is smaller.

rolexconfuse

Newly Enlightened
I looked at the surefire E2DL but I didn't quite like the form factor but it is a tad cheaper than the LX2.

stallion2

Enlightened
the M2S is an odd suggestion. its way bigger than that T20. definitely not what i would consider pocketable for long periods of time. the head is probably 2-2.5" across.
the Jetbeams in general are a great suggestion from what i understand. unfortunately i don't own one, everytime i start considering one there seems to be something else i want more. look at their raptors and Jet-III's for a portable light that throws like hell. you rarely here anyone complain about the Jetbeams.