Larger Sized Rechargeable LED Flashlights for LE

AEHaas

Newly Enlightened
What are the options for LE that are sort of larger lights, say the size of or somewhat smaller than a MagCharger version? They must be easy to charge without taking out batteries and must be LED versions. Thanks.

A good compromise between spot and spill would be best and having different levels may be good but not essential. An easy UI is a must, preferably one handed operation.

The light should last at least 2 - 3 hours on high.

A Malkoff 3D light conversion would be an option, as an example.

AEHaas

parnass

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Inova T4 has a built-in LiON battery which remains inside the flashlight while charging. The light comes with a charging cradle.

The newest version is rated at 200 lumens and my T4 throws a beam far while providing excellent spill. It is like carrying a car headlight in my hand.

There are 2 brightness levels, a momentary feature, and a strobe mode, all selected by a single side mounted pushbutton.

Recharge of a completely dead battery takes just over 2 hours at most and I get just under 2 hours (1 hr 58 minutes) of continuous full brightness after a full charge.

Last edited:

dougie

Enlightened
Pelican 8060 would fit your bill perfectly. It clips into a cradle to recharge in the car or office/home so no fiddling with batteries. You'll get approximately 4 hours at full throttle then reduced output for another two. In an emergency it can use 4 C cell batteries for up to 10 hours. The output is rated at 190 lumens but because the throw is so good you will find it seems to out perform a lot of more powerful lights. Has a good spill and a few accessories are available. Interface is a simple press switch on the side. It comes in black xenoy plastic so good to hold in cold weather. Best of all it is a Pelican product so if anything should happen to it there is a no quibble lifetime guarantee. Before you buy check one out in person. Although not the brightest on the block this light is meant to last and it does everything you want.:twothumbs

Thought I'd edit this post and add a link to a reasonable review of this light by a LEO. At least you'll see what it looks like..lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ukLTFl72lc

Last edited:

mpkav

Newly Enlightened
Pelican 8060 would fit your bill perfectly. It clips into a cradle to recharge in the car or office/home so no fiddling with batteries. You'll get approximately 4 hours at full throttle then reduced output for another two. In an emergency it can use 4 C cell batteries for up to 10 hours. The output is rated at 190 lumens but because the throw is so good you will find it seems to out perform a lot of more powerful lights. Has a good spill and a few accessories are available. Interface is a simple press switch on the side. It comes in black xenoy plastic so good to hold in cold weather. Best of all it is a Pelican product so if anything should happen to it there is a no quibble lifetime guarantee. Before you buy check one out in person. Although not the brightest on the block this light is meant to last and it does everything you want.:twothumbs

Agreed, about the size of a mag charger and lifetime warranty on everything!!!

curtispdx

Enlightened
We've started issuing 7060s and I'm hearing that we've broken a few just by dropping them. (I've had both and, that aside, I agree that the 8060 would be a good choice for you.)

Fantastic customer service to boot.

bnemmie

Enlightened
+1 Pelican 8060

I have the Invoa T4 and its great, but i like the option of being able to use "C" Batts when I need it. Plus the stock runtime for the 8060 is longer too.

uknewbie

Banned
Depends on a few other things you have not mentioned i would think.

How bright do you want it?
Why do you want large size? Bonking people on the head, so you don't lose it etc?
Cost?

Based on what you said initially, the first thing that came to my mind was the Neofab Legion II. 730 lumens for 3 hours, large-ish, super easy UI control ring. re-charges, seems very high quality. Expensive though.

I have used a TK11 R2 in my job in LE, and have also bought a Jetbeam M1X. Smaller than you are looking for but very durable and useful.